MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently given my MCS a 225 bhp conversion consisting of 2.5" catback exhaust, induction kit, ECU remap, belt and pulley and higher octane fuel.
Will it be an advantage to change my MCS spark plugs with the JCW ones?
If so...does anyone have the name and number of the JCW plugs?

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
electricblue said:
I have recently given my MCS a 225 bhp conversion consisting of 2.5" catback exhaust, induction kit, ECU remap, belt and pulley and higher octane fuel.
Will it be an advantage to change my MCS spark plugs with the JCW ones?
If so...does anyone have the name and number of the JCW plugs?
Going one heat range cooler is the important thing. Any good plug will accomplish that.

·
Registered
875 Posts
electricblue said:
does anyone have the name and number of the JCW plugs?
As far as I know they are made by NGK. They are definately 1 grade cooler than the standard S plug.

At this point in time NGK licenses them to BMW/MINI only, that is, you can not but the exact same plug from anywhere else other than a BMW/MINI dealer. Because of this they are ridiculously expensive.

The MINI part number is 12 12 0 031 708 and torqued to 30Nm.

There are other brand options though. It will depend also on your driving style. With the conversion, a cooler plugs sounds logical, but I suggest you talk to whomever did the conversion for you and discuss your driving style and any motorsport events with them.

Ken

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the Denso IK-22 with the Alta 15% pulley and have been happy with them. With the extra boost from a pulley mod, you should get a colder plug (especially in summer) to get the best benefit. If there is any knock detected :eek: due to more boost, the ECU is going to retard the timing :( and you can say good-by to those extra ponys :mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.