MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is some information for you Canadian Mini buyers

MINI lovers, here's your chance to reserve a brand-new MINI Cooper.

The company, a subsidiary of BMW Group Canada, announced in a statement on Jan. 14, 2002 that 500 Launch Edition MINI Coopers will be available to reserve exclusively online at www.mini.ca starting Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2002.

"The ‘get in line online’ initiative is a great way for our valued prospects to have the first chance to purchase a Launch Edition MINI Cooper," Manfred Braunl, national marketing manager, BMW Group Canada, said in the statement.

Interested buyers will be asked to select their perferred MINI colour and their preferred MINI retailer. A non-refundable $100 Cdn deposit will guarantee a place in line to purchase the Launch Edition at the chosen retailer. The deposit will be donated to the Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada.

Reservations will hold for 10 days, during which time the customer must go to a MINI retail centre and complete the paperwork.

The Launch Edition of the MINI Cooper comes equipped with an inline four-cylinder, 16 valve, 1.6 litre engine that produces 115 horsepower mated to a manual five-speed transmission. Buyers can choose from three colours: chilli red with a white roof, "indeed" blue with a white roof, or silver with a black roof. Other features that distinguish the launch edition from other versions of the MINI include specially-embroidered fabric in the interior, leather steering wheel, rear spoiler, chrome bumper inserts, 16-inch five-star alloy wheels, heated sports seats, as well as floor mats and fog lights.

The Launch Edition MINI Cooper will retail for $27,100 Cdn. Regular production MINI Coopers will sell for $24, 950 and will be available with the Cooper S in March 2002

Go to Mini.ca for more information. Thanks

J

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
What a deal for Canadians to take advantage of! Am I reading this right? It sounds like a way to jump ahead of the dealer lines and get a MINI sooner.

And yes, Indi Blue is indeed blue. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
That sounds like a great deal. A Cooper with all those toys for about STG£12,100... If my maths is correct.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking the same thing. My dealer asked me if I wanted to take order of one of these. They are aparently going to be available in March sometime. I just hope they are making arrangments to call people who have deposits first before letting anybody who just saw the car to buy one. I had to contact my dealer. Who knows if they would have called me. The price is sounding pretty good. I think it is pretty much a cooper with something close to a chili pack.

The base price is sounding quite nice. I was thinking around 24-25 for the cooper and around 27-28 for the S. Just perfect. I would have to say that Canada is one of the cheapest places to buy a car because they still don't take into effect the low rate of our dollar yet. There is usually about a difference of 1000 - 2000 dollars between us and our neigbours to the south.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Canadain LAunch Coopers are a deal

Jayomatic is right. I've had $500 with my dealer since June...called me last Thursday...I'm confirmed for one of the launch Coopers, drive away March 22nd. Signed the paperwork last night. Only downside...looks like Canadian delivery/destimation charges are not included in MSRP...it's an add on...still better than US MSRP at 1.59 though...

Nick.

·
puckstopper
4,260 Posts
I'm only about an hour and a half south of Montreal, so when I saw this offer on MINI.ca earlier this week, I was very very tempted. Finally decided to hold out for a Cooper S (and an uncertain delivery date), though.

-Ricardo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts