MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Here's another promotional offer for you on our very popular 'spiroslot' brake package.

Front brake package :-
Normal price £129 +vat
Promotion price £109 + vat

Rear brake package :-
Normal price £119 +vat
Promotion price £109 +vat

These are a direct replacement for the stock plain discs fitted to all Mini models, offering improved braking and stunning looks. Initial bite is better & there is less inclination towards fade or fluid boil at the limit. Each pair of discs come complete with Kevlar compound fast road brake pads.

We have conducted extensive research and testing to ensure this kit is the best bar none. Benchmark products for comparisons were stock (obviously) and a set of EBC grooved/dimpled discs + Greenstuff pads.

Incidentally GTT are not new to producing performance discs. Since 1992 under the tradename 'Pro- Disk' we produced grooved discs for dozens of performance cars.

SPEC:-
- Fine 'equal size particle' cast pearlitic steel. (ie not low grade Chinese import grade castings!)
- Runout machined to <.001" TIR, stock tolerance is <.002" Many pattern discs are machined to <.004". In essence with GTT discs there is less risk of warpage or pedal judder occurring.
- All Discs dynamically balance.
- 7 'Spiroslot' grooves per face (alternating radial position), CNC machined as a left & right handed pair. The square channel grooves expel dust, gasses & water more effectively than 'spherical nose' machined grooves, and will also deglaze the pads properly without risk of the slot reintroducing the dust back under the pad.
-The bell section of the disc (the bit in the middle you see which is not swept by the pads), is finished and cured using VHT paint. This is more durable than the gold colour zinc passivate others use. And being silver looks better as it blends with the wheel colour. Our way is the same as Audi & many other prestige car makers use to keep the OEM discs looking good. The heat produced from braking further cures the VHT paint.
-Very high performance Dot 5.1 brake fluid provided FREE with every kit.
To order our 'spiroslot' brake packages call us on 01258 455545 and quote the pomotional offer.:smile:

Best Regards GT Tuning:smile:

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
quick question,

Would i get better stopping with the original calipers and these discs front and back, or using R53 JCW calipers and discs(which i already have at home waiting to be fitted).

Would like to go spiroslots and JCW calipers - but have a funding issue!

·
SUPERcharged
343 Posts
Hi Roland,

Re-route is brilliant by the way!
Is this deal still going?

Thanks
Tom

Hi Guys,

Here's another promotional offer for you on our very popular 'spiroslot' brake package.

Front brake package :-
Normal price £129 +vat
Promotion price £109 + vat

Rear brake package :-
Normal price £119 +vat
Promotion price £109 +vat

These are a direct replacement for the stock plain discs fitted to all Mini models, offering improved braking and stunning looks. Initial bite is better & there is less inclination towards fade or fluid boil at the limit. Each pair of discs come complete with Kevlar compound fast road brake pads.

We have conducted extensive research and testing to ensure this kit is the best bar none. Benchmark products for comparisons were stock (obviously) and a set of EBC grooved/dimpled discs + Greenstuff pads.

Incidentally GTT are not new to producing performance discs. Since 1992 under the tradename 'Pro- Disk' we produced grooved discs for dozens of performance cars.

SPEC:-
- Fine 'equal size particle' cast pearlitic steel. (ie not low grade Chinese import grade castings!)
- Runout machined to <.001" TIR, stock tolerance is <.002" Many pattern discs are machined to <.004". In essence with GTT discs there is less risk of warpage or pedal judder occurring.
- All Discs dynamically balance.
- 7 'Spiroslot' grooves per face (alternating radial position), CNC machined as a left & right handed pair. The square channel grooves expel dust, gasses & water more effectively than 'spherical nose' machined grooves, and will also deglaze the pads properly without risk of the slot reintroducing the dust back under the pad.
-The bell section of the disc (the bit in the middle you see which is not swept by the pads), is finished and cured using VHT paint. This is more durable than the gold colour zinc passivate others use. And being silver looks better as it blends with the wheel colour. Our way is the same as Audi & many other prestige car makers use to keep the OEM discs looking good. The heat produced from braking further cures the VHT paint.
-Very high performance Dot 5.1 brake fluid provided FREE with every kit.
To order our 'spiroslot' brake packages call us on 01258 455545 and quote the pomotional offer.:smile:

Best Regards GT Tuning:smile:

·
Range Rover SDV8!
Range Rover SDV8, Triumph Tiger & Triumph Trophy
5,165 Posts
Roland,

I'm undecided as to the best route to a brake upgrade....

Would upgrading my front brakes to this specification make sufficient difference, or would I be better off saving the cash and putting it towards a more substantial brake modification?

Do you keep this upgrade package in stock?

Tigger.

·
JCW 250
1,124 Posts
Would like to go spiroslots and JCW calipers - but have a funding issue!
As I understand it the spiroslots are for standard brakes - the JCW calipers are larger at the front so wouldnt fit.

You could however have R53 JCW calipers with slotted and drilled JCW discs at the front and then get the rear spiroslot set to fit to the standard rear calipers - that make sense? This is what I intend to do.

·
Range Rover SDV8!
Range Rover SDV8, Triumph Tiger & Triumph Trophy
5,165 Posts
Brakes now purchased from Roland and ready to be fitted.... Just as soon as it's not so flippin' freezing outside in the garage! :rolleyes: :D

Tigger.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi Roland,

Just wondering if this offer was still running, as these Spiro-Slots have been recommended to me by many others on here!!

Also was wondering if there was a deal on buying both the front and the rear sets at the same time?!
(don't need to replace the rears just yet, but depending on the price I may change them - to keep the semetrical look on the car! :rolleyes:

KEL

·
\\ World Record Holder //
257 Posts
hi roland,

i've got the fronts, i'll be ordering the rears tomorrow if you can get them to me next day :)

speak tomorow, dan :nice:

·
257 Posts
Dan,

Any luck with finding out if this deal is still on? I have tried PMing Roland, however no joy!!

Cheers
Hi,

I gave them a call (01258-455545) and told them I had seen the offer on Mini2 - think it was Roland who I spoke to and he said he thought the offer had finished but that he would charge me the offer price and let me know if there was going to be any problem. Spoke to him earlier and he didn't mention that there had been a problem so yeah - give them a call, hopefully you'll get the same response I did.

The breaks themselves (I have fronts already) are great, but when you get good customer service as well it makes you happy to recommend GTT :nice:

·
257 Posts
my rears are now on and i'm well impressed, much better than the old ones i had on, squeeking a lot but hoping that will go as they are worn in over time.

thanks again guys, again, nothing but good things to say about GTT!!! :cool:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts