MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Chris here,
I have a Special offer time on the long awaited John Cooper Works 17" Sports brake kit

The 17" Sports brake kit is similar to the brakes fitted as standard to the R56 John Cooper Works model,except that the front discs are additionally perforated and grooved,

The kit includes the following

Four-piston aluminium fixed front brake calipers finished in red with John Cooper Works logo
Perforated and grooved,vented front brake discs (316x22mm)
Red painted single piston rear calipers
Rear brake pads
Rear brake discs (280x10mm)
Front and rear brake wear sensors

SPECIAL OFFER PRICE
£1458.00 INC VAT AND POSTAGE

The John Works Brake kit will only fit the wheel designs bellow without any modifications
R108 MULTI SPOKE
R97 FLAME SPOKE
R104 CROWN SPOKE
R112 CROSS SPOKE CHALLENGE
R113 CROSS SPOKE CHALLENGE

If you have any questions please drop me a line or give me a call on 01253 607500
Thanks
Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Chris

Is this a cosmetic thing - so that the car spec is updated
or
Does it involve changes to ABS settings etc

PM me if you need to.

Thanks, Alan
Hi Alan,
Nothing listed giving details, i will need to speak to Technical to see if they can tell me what to
re programme does to the system, (poss changes to the ABS/DSC system as the new brakes are higher performance)
i will let you know what my findings are
Chris

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Chris

Is this a cosmetic thing - so that the car spec is updated
or
Does it involve changes to ABS settings etc

PM me if you need to.

Thanks, Alan
Alan,
Update on the re-coding,
The car 'MUST' be re-coded as it changes and adapts certain parameters in the ABS/DSC
system with regard to the improved braking performance /efficiencies of the much larger brake
systyem
Cheers
Chris

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
Alan,
Update on the re-coding,
The car 'MUST' be re-coded as it changes and adapts certain parameters in the ABS/DSC
system with regard to the improved braking performance /efficiencies of the much larger brake
systyem
Cheers
Chris
Thanks Chris

This is what I thought - improved / adjusted DSC settings to cater for the different braking parameters of the 4 pots versus standard.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do u have the pics of the rear calipers? Can u specify the total weight of everything in this set cause I might ask my friend to carry it on a plane for me. Otherwise, Will u ship this overseas to Thailand, what would be the shipping price?.

Thanks

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Do u have the pics of the rear calipers? Can u specify the total weight of everything in this set cause I might ask my friend to carry it on a plane for me. Otherwise, Will u ship this overseas to Thailand, what would be the shipping price?.

Thanks
Hi
I will see what i can do regarding pics of the rear caliper, the full kit weights in at 40kg and is in a 1 metre long box,shipping would be £305.00
Chris

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi
I will see what i can do regarding pics of the rear caliper, the full kit weights in at 40kg and is in a 1 metre long box,shipping would be £305.00
Chris
Hi Chris

Thanks for the answer, regarding your information i would prefer you to ship the item here. PM on its way, I 'd like to discuss about payment and shipping method.

Thanks

Anupong :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm dead keen to get something like this. Especially if it works with the standard Mini ABS/DSC system. I wonder when you get other Brembo or AP systems if they reflash the ECU to take the brakes into account.

Good value! Pics of rears?

·
Registered
864 Posts
I'm dead keen to get something like this. Especially if it works with the standard Mini ABS/DSC system. I wonder when you get other Brembo or AP systems if they reflash the ECU to take the brakes into account.

Good value! Pics of rears?
Hi,

Don't mean to hi-jack the thread, just would like to offer some information:

Having supplied and fitted a number of different BBKs for both the Gen 1 and Gen 2 MINI's we have not a single time have offered a re-flash for the ASC/DSC modules. The aftermarket components rely on the good overall set up of the car and a more advance driving style.

You can also imagine it is pretty hard work developing ECU's and hence the cost for AP Racing/Brembo/Stoptech/Wilwood to offer such a re-flash would be huge!!!!

With all the parts included this does seem like a great kit!!!

Cheers,

Andrey

1 - 20 of 93 Posts