MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I realise it's now Spetember, but is this offer still available..........
Hi - will continue this offer now until the end of the year!!

Early xmas present for all MINI2 members!!!

Or just jcw kit for £1100

thanks
m

·
Range Rover SDV8!
Range Rover SDV8, Triumph Tiger & Triumph Trophy
5,167 Posts
*The engine upgrade requires coding so must be fitted at a main dealer.
Worthy of comment, I feel...

·
Registered
9 Posts
It is - I had it done today (well it took three days due to a software issue!) for the sum of £1099.75 in VAT. Got my CD ROM and certificate too.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Does this kit now come with the new JCW badges and is it still £1100 fitted?

Hi

Yes we can still do for £1100 and it does now come with new JCW badges.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi

Yes we can still do for £1100 and it does now come with new JCW badges.
Do you have any pictures of exhaust tips with new JCW badges and would this be with all tuning kits as I have June 07 car thanks

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Do you have any pictures of exhaust tips with new JCW badges and would this be with all tuning kits as I have June 07 car thanks
HI,

I dont have any pictures at the moment unfortunately. We only have our parts catalogue pictures which are about as clear as mud!

m

·
MCS & Cobra 427
46 Posts
It is - I had it done today (well it took three days due to a software issue!) for the sum of £1099.75 in VAT. Got my CD ROM and certificate too.
What was the effect in upgrading this on your insurance ? Was it easy to insure ? Also, did it affect the V5 document (i.e. did you have to declare it on the V5 since the CO2 & model changes) ?

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
What was the effect in upgrading this on your insurance ? Was it easy to insure ? Also, did it affect the V5 document (i.e. did you have to declare it on the V5 since the CO2 & model changes) ?

Thanks

No effect on V5 as this details car in "factory" state in terms of C02, engine cc, marque etc. so no increase in VED even though I am now over 150g threshold. AFAIK JCW upgrade counts as an aftermarket accessory not a change of model - others please correct me if this is wrong.

I am with Elephant at moment for insurance and it was a bit of an ordeal to get the call centre to undertstand what a JCW tuning kit was. Short story is that I have ended up declaring a 10-25% increase in engine power and "non standard" exhaust, which seemed to be the only relevent options on their computer (says no). £50 extra for the remaining 6 months of my policy which is quite fair I think. Will shop around again though on renewal.

I am in for JCW sport brakes tomorrow so lord knows how they will cope with that :aargh:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hi - will continue this offer now until the end of the year!!

Early xmas present for all MINI2 members!!!

Or just jcw kit for £1100

thanks
m
Hi, I have set my mind on having my car booked in with Wollaston towards Feb '09 for the JCW engine kit and strut brace, but I realise that the £1,100 offer for the engine kit only lasts until the end of '08. Any thoughts on prices for the JCW engine kit for 2009?

Thanks,

TDLC

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Hi, I have set my mind on having my car booked in with Wollaston towards Feb '09 for the JCW engine kit and strut brace, but I realise that the £1,100 offer for the engine kit only lasts until the end of '08. Any thoughts on prices for the JCW engine kit for 2009?

Thanks,

TDLC
Hi,

I expect we will be able to do the kit for about £1200. We have a price increse coming sometime in Januray due to the pound being weak against the euro. I'm not sure of the exact amount but suspect it wont be too high, so £1200 is more than likely right.

Thanks
m

Reactions: TDLC

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hi,

I expect we will be able to do the kit for about £1200. We have a price increse coming sometime in Januray due to the pound being weak against the euro. I'm not sure of the exact amount but suspect it wont be too high, so £1200 is more than likely right.

Thanks
m
Thanks for that, M. I will PM you when we're nearer to Feb so see what price you can quote for fitting both the strut brace and the engine kit. How long would the car be in for? It's a Sep '07 MCS.

Season's greetings,

TDLC

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
cool, try to keep this going as long as poss, as if i decide against an R56 JCw, i will get the R56 S i will have done instead.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Thanks for that, M. I will PM you when we're nearer to Feb so see what price you can quote for fitting both the strut brace and the engine kit. How long would the car be in for? It's a Sep '07 MCS.

Season's greetings,

TDLC

HI,

We would need the car for a whole day. We have managed to fit all but one in under 5 hours. Just one we had a coding issue with!
So both the strut brace and kit should be turned around in one day.

Look forward to hearing from you in the new year.

Merry xmas

matt

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
so is this offer still going??????
Hi

Yes we can still honour this price, but you need to get in quick as we are expecting to prices to increase shortly!

Please call Matt on 01604 232000 if you would like to book.

thanks

21 - 40 of 50 Posts