M3 CSL
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
315 Posts
re:

Hi all

For the people interested in the oil I have been testing it can now be bought, see link below

SYNTOL RACING LUBRICANTS (This takes you to the home page)

4_wheel_range (This takes you to the range you will need to look at)
are they MOT friendly? i know motorsport oils specifically can increase emissions? as they're developed for track use? do you know if this is an issue? how long have you run the oil for? do you need to use a running in oil first with oils like these?

·
M3 CSL
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
are they MOT friendly? i know motorsport oils specifically can increase emissions? as they're developed for track use? do you know if this is an issue? how long have you run the oil for? do you need to use a running in oil first with oils like these?

I have done around 2000 miles now with the oil. If your engine is "run in" then you can put the oil straight in. I am told that the oil contains similar phosphorus (the element that is reported to reduce the efficiency of the cat) levels to the OEM oil so your MOT should not be a problem

·
Registered
315 Posts
re:

I have done around 2000 miles now with the oil. If your engine is "run in" then you can put the oil straight in. I am told that the oil contains similar phosphorus (the element that is reported to reduce the efficiency of the cat) levels to the OEM oil so your MOT should not be a problem
cool,
i've just ordered some, car's having an oil service in a fortnight.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts