MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, i'm new here and excited to be a future mini owner! (this will be my first new car after college...yay!) i've been over all the specs and i think i have a pretty good idea of what i want, but i wanted to see what other mini owners recommend and are happy with.

mostly i was wondering how people felt about the $2k computer navigation system... is it worth it? do you feel it destroys the aesthetic of the interior?

so far i'm in love with the pepper white with black bonnet stripes and a black roof, and want to add the premium package and the driving lamps. i'd like a chrome bonnet scoop and for the interior, the piano black.

i'm open to suggestions, what do you think??:smile:

xoxo
minitrixie

·
Factory JCW
658 Posts
Pepper White would look nice :) Carbon Fibre Bonnet Scoope would look better than chrome on the colour..
As for the Sat Nav my opinion would be save yourself the £1600 and buy a aftermarket one, youll get a very good and Better one for around £200... More to spend then on other options or save the cash ..

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
But the Nav does improve the interior vastly :D and I cant get lost :D Bonus! :p

Pepper White and Black is a classic combo and looks great! Not sure about the scoop, as Neil says I think Carbon or Black would look better :) Chrome mirrors would look good though :cool:

·
Registered
37 Posts
i wouldnt spend that sort of money on the sat-nav!! either save it, or spend it on other options as previously said.

plus, buy yourself a tom tom or other after market sat nav and you get a much better navigation system anyway.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have it in my car and wouldnt of specced it if I were buying new. the only reason is that my car is 6 months old and I wanted as bigger spec as possible as alot of the deptreciation has already gone. Its a pretty average system and i dont find the nav and mini i drive thing very easy to use. As said above a tom has better graphics an you can load on speed cameras.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts