MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 40 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'm pretty sure it's the Europe high version, but don't quote me on that! I'll have a look on the DVD a little later. :)

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Cool, a sticky, thanks. :cool:

I must mention again that I have only followed the hard work of Lupito at http://poi.ravestation.net/mkiv/index.html and it is him that deserves the credit, though I hope the files I've put up help people work through the guide, which can be a little difficult as it is translated from Spanish. :)

·
Cool CoopS
213 Posts
S33BBY

To download the database from pocketGPSWorld, what SatNav system should I select? :confused: And if you have any other pointers please tell. Any more help would be much appreciated. ;)

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Do you have to select a system? I haven't downloaded the database for a while, but I thought it just shows you which systems it is compatible with (and you can click one to find out more information), but there is only one database you can buy.

·
Registered
52 Posts
S33BBY,

It would be cool if we could also integrate France and other european countries speed camera locations, is this possible and easy enough to do? Is there a guide somewhere?

Glad this is a sticky seeing as it is a safety topic afterall.

Steve

·
ZondaBoy
162 Posts
S33BBY this seems like amazing work, u must have spent ages!
I picked up my 06MCS last week, it has OEM satnav, but i am SOOOOO useless at it. there is a CD or DVD in my glove box which i havent even looked at. I dont even know how to change my map to look like urs, and i certainly had no idea u could show info about petrol stations, and speed cameras on the map!!!

im so bad with my Nav i dont think im making full use of it.
any tips u can give me? e.g. just general cool features that u think is gd?

cheers

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
It would be cool if we could also integrate France and other european countries speed camera locations, is this possible and easy enough to do? Is there a guide somewhere?
You could do this 2 ways. Firstly, you could combine the databases before using Lupito's converter. You could do this while they're still in OV2 format, or once you've converted them to ASC format. Either way, just combine the data into a single file before using the converter. Then whether you are in the UK or France, for example, the cameras will display.

Alternatively, add another entry in the ENG.LSC, using a unique number; 105 would seem logical. Do exactly what you did for the UK safety cameras, remembering to add 105 to the correct group as well as 104. You could call 104 "UK cameras" and 105 "France cameras" for example, then just select the French ones when you're in France, and so on.

If I haven't explained this well or you'd like some help achieving this, feel free to drop me a PM. :)

S33BBY this seems like amazing work, u must have spent ages!
I picked up my 06MCS last week, it has OEM satnav, but i am SOOOOO useless at it. there is a CD or DVD in my glove box which i havent even looked at. I dont even know how to change my map to look like urs, and i certainly had no idea u could show info about petrol stations, and speed cameras on the map!!!

im so bad with my Nav i dont think im making full use of it.
any tips u can give me? e.g. just general cool features that u think is gd?
Firstly, I must just say that the hard work was done by Lupito. That's not to say following the guide was easy, but he deserves the credit. :)

You'll find the DVD drive underneath the driver's seat. You can access the disc via a pull-off panel from behind the seat (i.e. the back of the car).

If you want your interface to look like mine, you need to enable perspective mode. To do this, enter the settings menu (press menu then click on set). Once inside this menu, hold down the menu button for about 8 seconds or until you notice the screen change to service mode. Scroll down to perspective mode and enable it. Now exit service mode by pressing menu, then select GPS navigation. Press the knob in, scroll to pointer direction and select perspective.

As far as points of interest go, you can enable these by going to destination input, scrolling down to information, selecting information on city or information on location, and taking it from there; it's that easy. ;)

If you've got anymore nav issues, feel free to drop me a PM. :)

·
ZondaBoy
162 Posts
can i just say wot a nice lad S33BY is :D , he kindly helped me through (step by step) to instal the speed cameras on my OEM navigation :D thanks to him everything is working smoothly. without him i wouldnt have had a clue how to get it working. Top marks to the top man A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
admin, plz give S33BY a sticky star :)

·
my ponies have escaped!!!
4,955 Posts
im pretty sure an 03 will be a mk3 unit ie not the DVD based system

dont think it will accept the DVD - maybe sumone else can clarify

funny the speed camera option is under "entertainment" :D

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
hmm so you guys are doing it with the cd version?
I don't know how to, nor if it's possible, as ultimately I only followed someone else's guide. You may want to check out X5world.com as there's quite a bit of information there on the forums about this topic because the X5 and X3 (and possibly other BMW models) use the same navigation system. :)

·
schnitzer
174 Posts
oh sorry i misread, mine IS the dvd version, so i could just follow this guide and be away, also do you think this will get me 3d maps?

thanks,

tom.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
oh sorry i misread, mine IS the dvd version, so i could just follow this guide and be away, also do you think this will get me 3d maps?
Absolutely. If you want to enable the 3D map (perspective mode) simply follow my post #28. :)

21 - 40 of 170 Posts