MINI Cooper Forum banner

41 - 60 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Point taken!
Unfortunately none of this stuff is strictly legal. Hacking the code and making a duplicate disc even for personal use are both illegal acts in Europe and the US.
However if BMW did decide to prosecute for hacking their software/discs they might be lenient if you had the original disc!
That I'm not sure about. It's your disc and as long as you do not duplicate it to sell, you can do as you please. There's certainly nothing illegal about integrating a custom POI as far as I'm aware!

·
003 On a Mission
4,239 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by rentagas (original)There seem to be some pre-hacked versions of this on ebay for £25. Anybody tried one?
:red: :red: :)

Doh:eek: Just spotted this thread. I have just aquired one of these:eek: Whilst the mapping and postcode is ok the camera part does not work in the mini :confused:
Contacted seller and he says it will not work in 7,5 series and mini:(

Is there a way of making it work??Not forgetting you are talking to a a puter nurd:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I don't think so. Ask if you can return it for a refund and try it yourself; it's not too tricky, especially with my help. ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ultra Iso

Hello,

Did you have to register the software to work on files larger than 300meg?

I cannot save the changes to the iso files without registering the software?

Regards

Simon

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Correct. You may be able to find some free alternatives out there. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok, i bought the software, saved the new iso file.

Burnt the file at 1x speed everything looks ok, reads ok but it will not read in the Mini:(

Are there good and bad types of disc media, used dvd-r.

Many thanks

Simon

·
Registered
11 Posts
What's the difference between Europe High and Europe Professional. I see this two differend DVD versions on Ebay (BMW on the box). . At this moment I have Europe High in my MINI system. This DVD is a Mini version. In the POI I see Mini dealers, I think there are only BMW dealers at the BMW version of the map DVD's?

·
Half a dent
1,413 Posts
Professional is for a different vehicle and will not work.
Mini POI's are shown presumably because the car "knows" it's a MINI

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Ok, i bought the software, saved the new iso file.

Burnt the file at 1x speed everything looks ok, reads ok but it will not read in the Mini:(

Are there good and bad types of disc media, used dvd-r.
How strange. Does it work in your computer? I've used Verbatim, cheaper Datawrite, and even a DVD+RW when I was testing, all of which worked fine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
S33bby,

Found that dvd decrypter is no good for writing the dvd. Used Alcohol and it worked in the Mini:)

Now just altering the ISO file with the new files, then i will burn it using Alcohol.

Fingers crossed.

Simon

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok,

Got the menu working, safety cameras under places of interest.:smile:

Set the distance to 20 miles for example, then the camera locations come up. I cannot select them in the menu, and so the cameras are not displayed on the map??

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Once you've carried out the search (I'd recommend selecting 'all' then they'll all be on the map permanently) you're right that you get up the list of camera locations. However, you don't select anything. If you just twist the wheel anti-clockwise (I think) you'll get a little menu up on the left, and you can navigate your way backwards until you can select the map. You should find that as long as the scale is set to 1 mile or less (I have it set to 125 yards as I use perspective mode and it works well like this) the cameras will be displayed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi,
No good, still does not work, also when listing the cameras i just get an information symbol with no information or coordinates. I noiticed in your picture some coordinates next to the info symbol.
I did not download the camera database for £2 i just used the one off the website?

Is this the reason why?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
It sounds like something's gone wrong with the conversion of the speed camera database. When you say you used the one off the website, which are you referring to?

You should see something like this:

Was the database you got in OV2 format? Did you then convert it to ASC format? And finally use asc2idxurl_mk4_02.exe to create 2 files (and then rename them to 0079.IDX and 0080.URL)?

41 - 60 of 170 Posts