MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 S conv. with auto trans. The Speedo is not the large center mounted one but rather one of the two smaller gauges on the column. I searched the forums but didn't find any suggestions other than "replace" speedo which isn't really an option for me due to cost as it's out of warranty.

The problem is that the speedo doesn't always reset to 0mph. It can stay at anywhere from 15 on down. It's totally random and can happ[en all day one day and not again for a few days. The problem can appear at anytime during a trip as well. Of course this is a real issue as if I don't happen to look down at the speedo when i come to a stop, I don't know how fast I'm going!

I've actually gone out and bought a cheap GPS just so I can have an accurate speedo readout!

The odometer and trip computer read outs for avg. speed are unaffected by the problem so it seems to be limited to either the speedo itself or whatever sends the signal to the speedo.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ron B.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2006 Cooper S Conv, which has just developed this problem, it was showing 15mph standing still yesterday afternoon, from start up on my way home from work, was fine this morning and then tonight sat at 5mph???

Ivan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts