MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Proud New Owner!
Joined
·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep. I'm a doofus! It wasn't much, and I'm not what the extent of the damage is (it was dark in the carpark/parking structure this morning), but I spilt just a bit of a latte on my new lapis blue leather passenger seat. I wiped it clean, but from an angle I can see a smudge. is this something that can be cleaned away?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
375 Posts
weezgrrl said:
Yep. I'm a doofus! It wasn't much, and I'm not what the extent of the damage is (it was dark in the carpark/parking structure this morning), but I spilt just a bit of a latte on my new lapis blue leather passenger seat. I wiped it clean, but from an angle I can see a smudge. is this something that can be cleaned away?
Didn't you just get that car last night? If so, what in the world are you doing drinking a latte in your brand spanking new car??? It can't have more than a hundred miles on it yet. :D
 

·
Only Unbalanced
Joined
·
924 Posts
Actually, I hate to pass judgement, but why drink latte in the first place? Why not have a coffee? Cheaper. Probably tastes better and if your great grandmother ever came back to life she would know what you were talking about...

I hope you didn't buy a MINI because it's the car de jour

Respectfully (honestly!)
DUCTTAPE
 

·
Proud New Owner!
Joined
·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was drinking a gingerbread latte because they are the BEST! I'm not really a coffee person, actually, but when the seasonal "coffees" come out I am all over it. I will not be drinking the coffee in the MINI again - I have learned my lesson!!

And of course I didn't buy the MINI because it's the car of the moment - I've wanted one of the new MINIs since before they were officially released - and I'm FINALLY capable of affording one. I've been driving an '83 Honda Civic for the last 8 years, and before that an '80 Datsun, and before that a '72 Hornet - I am not one to go for the trendy cars.

But anyways, did anyone have any practical advice? :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
weezgrrl said:
Yep. I'm a doofus! It wasn't much, and I'm not what the extent of the damage is (it was dark in the carpark/parking structure this morning), but I spilt just a bit of a latte on my new lapis blue leather passenger seat. I wiped it clean, but from an angle I can see a smudge. is this something that can be cleaned away?
Oh No! Sue Starbucks. ;-)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
I have no idea why people are so against coffee drinks. =)

Have you tried a simple leather cleaner/moisturiser combo on it? I keep them around because I have rather a lot of handbags, boots, and a jacket that need to be cleaned and moisturized for the season.

And I feel your pain--in my last car, my boyfriend, who was then on crutches, spilled an entire strawberry-flavored ice drink..the car was already 5 years old and I was still completely anal about him eating/drinking in it, and I couldn't really be furious because he hit it with his crutches---augh! It left a tiny stain that only *I* could see on the tan carpet, and I always knew it was there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
700 Posts
Sorry about the stain.

Another reason to get leatherette seats :rolleyes:

If all else fails, go to a professional shoe repair shop, or a horse/riding tack shop, they know how to repair leather problems.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.
 

·
Proud New Owner!
Joined
·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not that bad

I finally saw the seat today in the sunlight. It's actually not that bad at all. No discoloration or anything, just looks like a slight rub on the upholstery - and can only be seen at a certain angle. Hard to explain. Doesn't look "soaked through" or anything. I might take it into a detailer's or something to see if there's anything I should do, otherwise it's really a small deal. No one else has even noticed/spotted it - so I think the most bothersome thing about it is that I know it's there. I'll probably forget about the occurence in a month or so of happy motoring!!

Thanks for all the advice, I'll look into the Zaino products.
 

·
MotorCityMadman
Joined
·
3,793 Posts
Actually, try a Green Machine water vacuum with no detergent, just water, and rub the brush in it a little bit. You'd be surprised how good the vacuum will suck up stuff from inside the leather itself. Did that on my BMW and it took out some stuff.
 

·
Only Unbalanced
Joined
·
924 Posts
weezgrrl said:
I was drinking a gingerbread latte because they are the BEST! I'm not really a coffee person, actually, but when the seasonal "coffees" come out I am all over it. I will not be drinking the coffee in the MINI again - I have learned my lesson!!

And of course I didn't buy the MINI because it's the car of the moment - I've wanted one of the new MINIs since before they were officially released - and I'm FINALLY capable of affording one. I've been driving an '83 Honda Civic for the last 8 years, and before that an '80 Datsun, and before that a '72 Hornet - I am not one to go for the trendy cars.

But anyways, did anyone have any practical advice? :p
No excuse needed, and I'm sorry for the tone.

My daughter graduated Cornell and pumped coffee in Starbucks for a while. We almost didn't let her back home...

Another plus for coffee though, vs Starbucks McDrinks? When you spill coffee, you KNOW you are going to have a stain that isn't coming out. It's a Tim Allen thing: "Ugh, coffee, yeah!"

Enjoy your MINI. You deserve it, and you deserve to have fun in it too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
Hehe...I totally agree. You people who say you love coffee, why are you finding new ways to dilute your coffee? I say the true coffee revolution has yet to begin. Get yourself a good adjustable grinder and an espresso machine (not those Krups toys) and you will know what I'm talking about.


DUCTTAPE said:
Actually, I hate to pass judgement, but why drink latte in the first place? Why not have a coffee? Cheaper. Probably tastes better and if your great grandmother ever came back to life she would know what you were talking about...

I hope you didn't buy a MINI because it's the car de jour

Respectfully (honestly!)
DUCTTAPE
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top