MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here live near Basingstoke and would be kind enough take me for a spin in there 15% pulley modded R53.

Thinking of doing this mod but would really like to try it out and talk to someone who has had it done.

Anyone kind enough, who lives near by?? :biggrin:

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
74 Posts
Would be good if you do find someone, is you could drive both your cars side by side and actually see how much the modded car would pull against yours.

·
Mini Torque
2,033 Posts
all you need to know is its worth it

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
Hey DM - I'm in Farnborough and am going to be getting this done next month (June 06 R53 Checkmate).... if you can hold out for a few weeks, you're more then welcome to meet up for a spin :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Cheers MAFFA, I might take you up on that:cool:

I have been reading that threat with great interest, you are a brave man!!
I've always been one to sway away from the norm. When i was part of the Subaru community there was always a kind of "sheep" mentality where everyone followed everyone else in getting exactly the same stuff. Was weird as you'd turn up for a meet and everyones car would be the same! Mine & a few others dared to be different :)

If my trackday goes okay then it will make me wonder why anyone would ever pay over £40 delivered for a 15% pulley again :puzzled::puzzled:

Watch this space....oh & just get it done!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey DM - I'm in Farnborough and am going to be getting this done next month (June 06 R53 Checkmate).... if you can hold out for a few weeks, you're more then welcome to meet up for a spin :)

That would be great, thanks! I am thinking of doing it in December so thats perfect.

Could you PM me when you are ready and we can meet up.:nice:

Don't forget to post your progress mate..

DM

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
Will drop you a message when the time comes - will probably head to Surrey Rolling Road near Chobham for a before and after too ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts