MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question that I can't find the answer to - should the button on the remote open the rear doors at all times or only when the rest of the car is already unlocked?

There is a note in the manual that says in some countries the above applies, and it seems to be the case on my UK Clubman, but I'd rather the remote opened the rear doors at any time, even when the rest of the car remains locked. A minor point, I know, but a preference all the same.

What does yours do?

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
I tested my Cooper. All door were locked. When I pushed the button rear door opened but the other two doors remained locked.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine used to open when locked using the door release key but no longer does. I guess either at the last service or the second time it was in to fix the broken door release on the side door they updated the software as now it only opens after the car is unlocked.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Simple question that I can't find the answer to - should the button on the remote open the rear doors at all times or only when the rest of the car is already unlocked?

There is a note in the manual that says in some countries the above applies, and it seems to be the case on my UK Clubman, but I'd rather the remote opened the rear doors at any time, even when the rest of the car remains locked. A minor point, I know, but a preference all the same.

What does yours do?
This was changed in 2007 when people were openning rear doors/hatchs and then locking their keys inside, the only way back in then is spare key or broken glass, it is not possible to open a MINI's door with a bit of wire. Now for UK models the rear access will only open remotely if the rest of the car is unlocked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts