MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
AmD Cooper S
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchased two splitfire gauges, an oil and a boost gauge.The gauges fit into the front two air vents beside the speedo.Does any one know how to fit the gauges or have any fitting instructions that i could follow?
Also if anyone knows how to stop the quicksilver exhaust tailpipe from moving and not staying central would be much appreciated, thanks
Steven.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Your exhaust issue is probably due to expansion of the metal when it gets hot. On an exhaust that joins the tailpipe from both sides the expansion will be outwards so probably not noticed. If yours is a single sided pipe the expansion will push the tailpipe away from the side it joins. TTs with the twin exhausts (225s) have a minor problem with one of the pipes sticking out more than the other as one gets hotter than the other. I think your only solution is to mark where the exhaust sits when hot and when cold and then pick a position that will be slightly off centre when cold and only slightly off when hot. If it moves right this would mean positioning slightly left of centre when cold

·
AmD Cooper S
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Getting the splitfire gauges fitted today with an engine starter button.Will post pics when it's finished

·
AmD Cooper S
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got my new splitfire guages and my engine starter button fitted what do you think.I am really impressed with them.I think the guages match the dash nicely.Look at my gallery for the rest of the pics.

Attachments

·
AmD Cooper S
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I actually got a tuning shop to wire them, i left the car with them from 10 in the morning and picked it up at 5p.m. They seemed to have no bother.Got thje guages from cool new.

·
AmD Cooper S
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah but it's worth it.You still get the air from the other two side vents and the centre vents at the windscreen.Neatness is what sells it for me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Connection

Hi!

I have a small question, I saw that the gauges like the oil temp is connected to the engine by a brass copper pipe. Do you have any pictures of this? My concern is the movement and vibration of the engine cracking the pipe.
Can you let us know how the connection is made to the engine and where?

BR,
Rogier

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm not normally into aftermarket stuff but those guages are the mutts nuts, the coolest accesory I've ever seen.

How much to buy? How much to fit?

·
AmD Cooper S
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They were £160 from Coolnew in England and it cost me £80 for fitting which also included the engine starter button. The pressure normally reaches around 10 psi but i don't know if this is what it is supposed to be.It should increase when the smaller pully goes in

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
10 Participants
jwardell
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing