MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Oldbie
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eb: I have had the dreaded yo yo and spluttering/juddering upto 3k revs when accelerating as much as everyone else, car went in dealers today to have vibration on gearshift sorted and again I told them about the splutter, when I collected it they told me MINI had justed issued a new software release last week which has cured the splutter etc - and by god it has, it now drives like a dream, just how it should do, so if any of you still have it get down your dealers and get them to sort it out. :eb: :cool: :D :D :D :D

·
Damned
4,517 Posts
Steeljacket said:
when I collected it they told me MINI had justed issued a new software release last week which has cured the splutter etc - and by god it has, it now drives like a dream, just how it should do, so if any of you still have it get down your dealers and get them to sort it out. :eb: :cool: :D :D :D :D
Has the Holy Grail been Found at Last?? :eek: :eek:

Steeljacket; We Salute you !, -you don`t happen to know the software update number do you?

·
Oldbie
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:eb: No sorry but I'll contact Sytners tomoz and find out if I can and I'll post it up here unless someone finds out any quicker :eb: ;) :D

·
Registered
135 Posts
Awesome! So I assume, then, that my MCS being built next week will get the new software and never have the stumble. Right? Or will they have to do it at the dealer?

·
NEMINI.org
7,865 Posts
Twobit said:
P.S. How's that arm healin' up?
First peel is done ... should peel again soon i hope cause it looks kinda crappy with the cloudy almost ready to peel skin over spots yet. As soon as it's done doing its peeling I'll take an after pic. Got rave reviews and a few 'your crazy' comments this weekend up at the Rhode Island Meet. :D:D

·
NEMINI.org
7,865 Posts
I have my doubts about the fix being out yet this was post on another thread (CD version 35 is out)

Well, I don't have a clue what CD 35 contains, addresses, etc, but I can say with certainty that it does not contain software to fix the stumble issue. I just got off the phone with 1-866-ASK-MINI, and they still have the same line. "Aware of the problem. No resolution. Still working on it."

See ya,
JS

·
Registered
187 Posts
Can I be clear on what this issue is?

I took my S out last night and it seems fine on acceleration, on deceleration it seems to jump between 2-3K RPM.

Is this the same issue?

·
Oldbie
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
euan said:
Can I be clear on what this issue is?

I took my S out last night and it seems fine on acceleration, on deceleration it seems to jump between 2-3K RPM.

Is this the same issue?
:eb: Yes it is - I also had the yo-yo effect which does not seem to be there now, but I will wait and see ;) :eb:

·
Lord of The Four Rings
11,003 Posts
Twobit said:
Awesome! So I assume, then, that my MCS being built next week will get the new software and never have the stumble. Right? Or will they have to do it at the dealer?
I doubt it - now those would be high expectations! :p . I think the demand for the car is so strong that their quality control is up the spout. How else could you explain people still getting problems (me included) after some previous issues have supposedly been resolved? From my reading of the stumble issue (which I also have) there are people who have had their fixes applied previously but who have still had the problem afterwards.

I sincerely hope that mine gets sorted out when it goes in soon - and I've had the stumble since day one on my 2nd MCS - my first one didn't have this problem and that was a Jan 03 build.

Good to hear that for one person at least the problem has been solved :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Steeljacket said:
:eb: I have had the dreaded yo yo and spluttering/juddering upto 3k revs when accelerating as much as everyone else, car went in dealers today to have vibration on gearshift sorted and again I told them about the splutter, when I collected it they told me MINI had justed issued a new software release last week which has cured the splutter etc - and by god it has, it now drives like a dream, just how it should do, so if any of you still have it get down your dealers and get them to sort it out. :eb: :cool: :D :D :D :D
Steeljacket,

Please check back in in a few days and let us know how things are going! I hate to be a skeptic, but I've heard "it's fixed!" from other stumblers about a dozen times now. I can get my stumble to go away for a few days if the dealer wipes the memory clean. This would have happened when your ECU was flashed.

I do have my fingers crossed......

·
Oldbie
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
mmanasas said:
Steeljacket,

Please check back in in a few days and let us know how things are going! I hate to be a skeptic, but I've heard "it's fixed!" from other stumblers about a dozen times now. I can get my stumble to go away for a few days if the dealer wipes the memory clean. This would have happened when your ECU was flashed.

I do have my fingers crossed......
:eb: Will do M8 ...its been 5 days now and still no probs but will report back again soon :eb: :D

·
Oldbie
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
UCSDxB0i said:
Have you found out the version number of the software that they used to update your car with that fixed the stumble?
:eb: No not yet sorry...but its going back in next Friday for a rattle on the gear stick so I will ask them then if not before ;) :eb:

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Mine went in last week for the upgrade, the car performs better :D :D it feels more responsive. The surging and flat spot are still there :confused: :confused:

My July 02 S had many visits to the dealers and finally got fixed, the question now I ask is why could BMW fix a problem and then one year later the problem is back and this time it is worse? My first car never stumbled it just yo yo'd here we go again :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts