MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never thought I'd be a Mini owner, but after one of those love at first sight moments at the dealer's we're now very much an item.

One minor issue when it's raining, which it doesn't do that often where we live apart from when the weather's wet like what it has been of late.

Lifting up the boot to load it up with shizz a small torrent of water - maybe a pint for the benefit of those who can still afford to drink in pubs - runs down and some of it ends up in the boot.

Being the enquiring sort, I've already worked out this comes from the bit where the spoiler sits when it's retracted.

I expect I already know the answer to this, but is there a fix..?

·
Registered
2005 R53, 2005 R53 lightweight, 2008 R55S, 2012 R58 FJCW, 2014 R60SD All4, 1996 Mini Cooper 35SE.
1,497 Posts
the drains either side are blocked with silt, look under the boot lid and you'll see them, ideally an airline from below helps, then run water through to check, you'd typically see it all start to come out, then from the top you will probably hear it drain through with a bit of a gurgle, currently it's just sitting in the trough.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts