MINI Cooper Forum banner

Sport package

7K views 48 replies 14 participants last post by  LMB 
#1 ·
I suspect a lot of people are going to opt for the sport package on their S, but I have yet to see even one picture of an S with the hood stripes and spotlights that are part of the package; are there any? I'm not really keen on those two items, but I'm wondering if the package will be cheaper than selecting the individual options that I do want?

#2 ·
The Sports Pack is too much for me. I am going to order the S with Xenon headlights and the multi-function wheel, in addition to the Indi Blue metallic paint (why does this cost extra?)

#3 · (Edited)
RickB said:
I suspect a lot of people are going to opt for the sport package on their S, but I have yet to see even one picture of an S with the hood stripes and spotlights that are part of the package; are there any? I'm not really keen on those two items, but I'm wondering if the package will be cheaper than selecting the individual options that I do want?
Have a look in OnlyS4me gallery........ he's done a bit of a photoshop job on an S with spotlights and bonnet stripes.

See post below:

#6 ·
I like that alot, It's a good combo. As Im putting my dad on my ONE's insurance he said he might pay out of his own pockey for the fog lights to be fitted to my ONE :D :D :D :D

#7 ·
Calling all "Driving Light" MINI Owners

I think "monsta" has BMW driving lights fitted to his MINI. Whenever anyone asks him a question he goes right out and takes a picture with his trusty digital.

I should like, if at possible a picture from underside the bonnet so we can see how BMW fix the lights through the grill, and how tidy the wiring etc is. I know that BMW charge a small fortune for these lights, but am quite keen on them for my S.

Any chance monsta ?

#10 ·
Re: What are the holes below the turn signals for?

loder said:
What are the holes below the turn signals for? I thought they were the fog lamps. If they aren't I'll have to get the separate options – Dang!
The holes in the front bumper are to bolt the MINI together (just like the similar holes in a classic Mini), but that is also where the foglamps/driving lights are supposed to go - if factory fitted.

Look at this picture Paul Mullett took showing the factory positioning of the MINI's foglamps/driving lights. Those other foglamps/driving lights sitting up like insect eyes in front of the grill on new MINIs are dealer-fitted items – and very expensive ones at that. Some people love 'em, but I don’t care for them as they look like £49-Halfords-style add-ons. I think they look great on a classic Mini because of the rally heritage, but look out of place on a modern design like the new MINI.

I think the foglamps/driving lights on the Cooper S Sport Pack will be the ones integrated into the bumper like in the photo below.

#11 ·
Re: Calling all "Driving Light" MINI Owners

Basil said:
I think "monsta" has BMW driving lights fitted to his MINI. Whenever anyone asks him a question he goes right out and takes a picture with his trusty digital.

I should like, if at possible a picture from underside the bonnet so we can see how BMW fix the lights through the grill, and how tidy the wiring etc is. I know that BMW charge a small fortune for these lights, but am quite keen on them for my S.

Any chance monsta ?
Sorry basil I don't have the spotlights on my MINI so I can't help this time.. Any other picture request though - I'm you man! :D

#12 ·
BruceK is quite right...the foglaps on the new "S" are integrated into the bumper (standard BMW approach). I know because I saw and touched a pre-production "S" (and am still recovering from such an emotional experience - it is a thing of beauty) on a dealers lot yesterday in Toronto...the "S" is in town for the Frbruary Auto show and for media test-drives

#13 ·
nwoodiwiss said:
BruceK is quite right...the foglaps on the new "S" are integrated into the bumper (standard BMW approach). I know because I saw and touched a pre-production "S" (and am still recovering from such an emotional experience - it is a thing of beauty) on a dealers lot yesterday in Toronto...the "S" is in town for the Frbruary Auto show and for media test-drives
PICTURES?! Did you take any pictures?

By the way, if not part of the Sport Package, Road and Track estimates the cost of the factory foglamps (integrated into the bumper) to be $100 on the standard US-spec MINI Cooper, so they should be priced the same on the Cooper S. :)

#14 ·
BruceK said:

PICTURES?! Did you take any pictures?

By the way, if not part of the Sport Package, Road and Track estimates the cost of the factory foglamps (integrated into the bumper) to be $100 on the standard US-spec MINI Cooper, so they should be priced the same on the Cooper S. :)
Oz spec Cooper S will have them as standard equipment.

#16 ·
Basil said:

Oz spec Cooper S will have them as standard equipment.
Yes foglamps are standard on the Sports Pack in the US as well. It was awkward wording on my part that confused you - I meant to say if want foglamps - and aren't getting the Sports Pack - then they are available for about $100.

#17 · (Edited)
BruceK said:

Yes foglamps are standard on the Sports Pack in the US as well. It was awkward wording on my part that confused you - I meant to say if want foglamps - and aren't getting the Sports Pack - then they are available for about $100.
No my fault again Bruce. I should have been clearer.

Integrated Foglights are "Standard" issue in Oz Cooper S. No need for sportspacks or any other pack. They come with the car as bog standard.

They are $290AU extra for the Cooper.

Which reminds me. If anyone is interested on what standard fare the Cooper gets here in oz. Let me know and I'll post the brochure. I think you would be amazed at whats standard issue for the price.

#18 ·
Good, but...

Basil said:

No my fault again Bruce. I should have been clearer.

Integrated Foglights are "Standard" issue in Oz Cooper S. No need for sportspacks or any other pack. They come with the car as bog standard.

They are $200AU extra for the Cooper.

Which reminds me. If anyone is interested on what standard fare the Cooper gets here in oz. Let me know and I'll post the brochure. I think you would be amazed at whats standard issue for the price.
I didn't know we got the foglights standard on the S. I guess this is good news, though I doubt whether I will ever get to use them in fog. It's pretty rare in these parts
:rolleyes:

#19 ·
Re: Good, but...

rich said:

I didn't know we got the foglights standard on the S. I guess this is good news, though I doubt whether I will ever get to use them in fog. It's pretty rare in these parts
:rolleyes:
Well, thats what it says in the first piece of correspondance I got from BMW......
Standard Spec:

120kw supercharged 1.6 litre
6 speed gearbox
Six airbags including head air-bags
Chrome bumper trim ( oh yea sure!!!)
Car/ Key memory
Remote Central locking
Four adjustable headrests
16" Alloys
Intercooler intake
Alloy interior surface finishes
Cloth/leather upholstery
Central tacho/column mounted speedo
Air-conditioning
In-Dash CD
Electric windows/ mirrors
Traction control
Sports suspension (no + mentioned, but im sure thats what they mean, coz it's not mentioned for the cooper which gets SS standard)
Sports Seats
On board Computer
rear windscreen wiper
ABS Brakes
Front Fog Lights

#20 ·
Re: Re: Good, but...

Basil said:

Well, thats what it says in the first piece of correspondance I got from BMW......
Standard Spec:

Chrome bumper trim ( oh yea sure!!!)
Front Fog Lights

I think the "chrome trim" mistake - plus the fact the no other country's Cooper S specs include them as standard - is reason enough to cast some doubt on the fog lights being standard in Oz, don't you?

#21 ·
Re: Re: Re: Good, but...

BruceK said:

I think the "chrome trim" mistake - plus the fact the no other country's Cooper S specs include them as standard - is reason enough to cast some doubt on the fog lights being standard in Oz, don't you?
You could be right Bruce, but I have the above spec in writing (with no disclaimer) on which I based my deposit. So either way my S will have the foglights and they won't cost me a cent. ;)

#22 ·
Originally Posted by Basil
like the stripes......
If you get the stripes, make sure that you tell your dealer to put them on straight like on the picture of the 'photoshopped' S with the stripes/spots. My mate at work had the stripes added to his cooper, and when it came, the stripes were not straight like this || but like this \/ and it looks crap IMHO.

Andy

#23 ·
An_S_4_Me said:

If you get the stripes, make sure that you tell your dealer to put them on straight like on the picture of the 'photoshopped' S with the stripes/spots. My mate at work had the stripes added to his cooper, and when it came, the stripes were not straight like this || but like this \/ and it looks crap IMHO.

Andy
Thanks for that. All the official BMW photo's I've seen so far have shown the stripes like OnlyS4me's photo. I agree the vee shape you describe is not how the original Mini's had them.

Attachments

#25 ·
An_S_4_Me said:
Obviously they don't meet in the middle or even get anywhere near each other, but they definately form a slight V shape and I think his car looked better without the stripes, if they were straight it would be a different story.
I think I know what your saying. Certainly the classic Mini had the bonnet opening lines to follow. thats a bit harder with the MINI.

Not sure whether I'll go down this path, but I do like them on that photoshop job done by OnlyS4me.... Like to see them in the flesh.

#26 ·
Re: Re: Good, but...

Basil said:

Standard Spec:

(Includes)

On board Computer
Unless I've misunderstood (Quite possible!), the on-board computer option needs to occupy the big hole in the dash normally occupied by the speedo (or revcounter in Aus), meaning the speedo (or revcounter) migrates to the steering columnn this case

...I'd be happy with that 'cos I get the revcounter back where it belongs! (Aus is unique in displacing default steering wheel-mounted revcounter with speedo)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.