MINI Cooper Forum banner

Should the SPort Stripes go over the Bumpers or not ?

• Stripes over both front & rear bumpers

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • Stripes only up to bumpers, not over them

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Keep the front stripes only over the bumper

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
MCS & Cobra 427
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

just picked up my new MCS yesterday with the JCW kit & Sport stripes. I originally asked for the stripes not to go over the bumpers, but the dealers put them over the bumpers anyway. The rear stripes actually need replacing because one of them is damaged anyway on the rear bumper. So I'm thinking I may not bother & just take them off from where they cover the bumpers.

So, question is , which looks better:
- Stripes over the bumper at the rear or only on the tailgate ?
- Stripes over the bumper at the front or just on the bonnet ?

Mockup picture below to help with feedback...Opinions please before I replace them !

Thanks

Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
I think without.

It looks better at the front than the back, but would look odd to do it on the front only, so I'd say take them off. It certainly doesn't look odd without them if you know what I mean.

·
Totally Insane!
7,800 Posts
I think have the stripes going over the front and back bumpers.

I definitely think that if you don't have them going over the back it looks like you have had the bumpers added afterwards and haven't finished the job. You could probably get away with not having the front finished over the bumpers.

Jut my thoughts! :D Hopefully whatever you decide you are happy with it! :D

·
Total MINI dot com!!
50,323 Posts
I had my factory stripes extended by Phil over front and rear but on rear they stop short of rear splitter difusser thingy which shows off exhaust better!
That looks good:cool:

But not sure about the Audi looking grill one:confused:

·
Total MINI dot com!!
50,323 Posts
Put that pic in as like it - something extra to consider

I like the Audi style - looks mean!
We'll have to disagree on that one then, as to me it just looks like a MINI trying to be something it isn't;)

How about some pin stripes just along side the stripes, they sometimes help to finish vipers off:)

·
Hmmmmm
237 Posts
So, question is , which looks better:
- Stripes over the bumper at the rear or only on the tailgate ?
- Stripes over the bumper at the front or just on the bonnet ?
I have mine fully over front and rear (Flickr photos) but actually like your photos without also. Undecided.... :)

Attachments

·
Total MINI dot com!!
50,323 Posts
a bit like this ..... although not aero kitted but hopefully you get the idea (??)

here's some I did earlier ;)
Thats the one Phil, perfect mate:)

They could even be done in a dark shade of grey or even blue to add something different to the car;)

·
MCS & Cobra 427
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks All

Thanks all for the time giving feedback & pictures, I do like these forums (fora, I know !) since they give a wider perspective & some good ideas that you may not think of. I like Phil's idea of the pinstripe (I have this on my Cobra, see attached) but also Tobes' idea of stopping short at the exhausts but still covering the bumper, it makes the striping look a bit more elegant I think. Before all this I was really thinking not to cover the bumpers at all, but never thought about the possibility that it looked like the bumpers were added later. Cheers for the feedback.

Dave

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
11 Participants
Rakey
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing