MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know when the sports body kit will be available? It looks just perfect to me. :party:

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
I WANT ONE I WANT ONE I WANT ONE 8D 8D 8D 8D 8D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DAMN 8)78)7.... when is that, in june or something? Is there a price on this kit yet?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks this car looks much more agressive than the S? The front bumper/grille/airdam looks much \"meaner\" than the S\'s similar-but-different appearance. Any chance this package will be available on the S?

·
MINI2 Freak
122 Posts
On 25-10-2001 16:55 RickB wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks this car looks much more agressive than the S? The front bumper/grille/airdam looks much \"meaner\" than the S\'s similar-but-different appearance. Any chance this package will be available on the S?
I think the front bumper looks \"meaner\" because of the mesh used instead of grill bars. The package is available on both the cooper and the one and doesn\'t look like it will be around till the S appears so I should think it will be, although the rear setup is different for the S so maybe it might be some of it and not all.

Jon

·
Registered
73 Posts
The last I heard from my dealer, was that he wanted to add the kit and the 17inch wheels to his demo car. He told me he was quoted £3500 for the lot. he also told me that the wheels were £1300, thus the kit could be in the region of £2000.

Don\'t quote me on this price, but it would be about right as the clear lights set me back £200

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea it looks more meaner and also a more racecar look than the S. And the side skirts and the front splitter is painted all the way down, unlike the ugly plastic on the S. Could do without the ekstra lights though...

What color is that car, its not british racing green, thats a lot darker..or??

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
On 25-10-2001 19:22 newminimark wrote:
The last I heard from my dealer, was that he wanted to add the kit and the 17inch wheels to his demo car. He told me he was quoted £3500 for the lot. he also told me that the wheels were £1300, thus the kit could be in the region of £2000.
Such money would be better spent on a Works kit ... I\'d much rather \"go fast\" than \"look fast\" :!)

Also, the BRG MINI pictured in this thread looks much lighter than the prototype show car I\'ve seen. Is it the lighting?

·
MINI2 Freak
122 Posts
On 25-10-2001 19:22 newminimark wrote:
Don\'t quote me on this price, but it would be about right as the clear lights set me back £200
Have you had the clear lights fitted?? My dealer says they are not available yet. Which dealer are you with??

Jon

·
MINI2 Master (Oh Wow!)
595 Posts
Body Kits

:D ;) :p The Body kit and wheels available from John Cooper are very raunchy indeed. But they have neglected to colour code those wicked wheel arches, which would have made a big difference to the overall look of the car.:rolleyes:

I have gone for the Hamann kit, wheels and twin exhaust. :D Which I think is just breathtaking. When the car was first released I was shocked to find that Mini themselves did not offer this as a factory option. Reason being that the plastic trim around the whole car is so cheap to replace, as in £7.50 a piece!!!

The Hamann kit is so stylish and the colour coded plastic parts look so good. And the Hamann wheels are somethinh else. Attatched is a photo of the kit. My kit & wheels is ordered and should be here from Germany at the end of Feb, I can't wait. It's going to be the first in the country. :D :D :D :D :D

My Cooper is black and white. It will look great. Attatched is a photo of the Hamann kit.

Find out more at www.hamann-motorsport.de , UK agents can be found at www.autovogue.co.uk.

Enjoy, Chow-4-Now.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts