MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive had my MCS since sept - i was in the car friday morning with a mate chatting for about a hr or so - no longer - and im not kidding you when i got out of the car i could hardly move - my back was in pain - which felt more like a strain than anything!! even up to the present time - my backs not 100% - anyone else had a similar problem?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Never had such a problem. Try playing around with the lumbar support, I've got mine on
the minimum setting but some people prefer the feeling of a fist in their back. Recaro
used to have a nifty guide on how to set your seat up, it doesn't appear to be on their
site anymore but I'll keep looking. Even the best seat in the world with give problems if
not set correctly for you. This is what I do for the Mini sport seats:-
1) Clench my fist above my head and adjust the height until I can just feel the roof.
2) Move the seat back until either your thighs are being supported or until it remains
easy to press all three pedals to the ground.
3) Adjust the back rest angle until your arms reach the steering wheel slightly bent.
4) repeat all 3 steps.
Go for a test drive. Go for another test drive. Go for a longer test drive. Go for.... you get
the picture.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I got the sports seats for my husband as he has a bad back and he finds them horrendous. I don't normally have a problem with my back but do feel as if my back is locked if I have been in it for a while. unfortunately I only have the cloth sports seats which don't lumbar adjust. I have found the best position for me is to have the back rest very upright as it positions the support lower into your back. Try this and see if it helps.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice one for the replies people!! its taken fri - mon for my back to get back to 100% - ive never had this problem though! even if i drive my old dears - old mans motors! ive never got a bad back!! i just thought to myself jesus!! this is dangerous!! i could harldy move!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.