MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a little advice if possible - I've ordered my MCS Clubman but still have a couple of weeks to play with the final spec as I don't want it until November time. I've noticed that Sports suspension is a no cost option with the Chili pack - does anybody out there have it and what is it like? I have to admit that with the run flats and normal suspension of our current hatch (also an S), I think the ride is hard enough especially over all the bumps in the road that seem to plague Yorkshire.

Can anybody give an opinion as to how low the sports suspension is compared to the standard set-up and how harsh the ride is? It sounds like "something for nothing" as I would get a Chili pack anyway, but if it means an uncomfortable drive (I do a fair amount of motorway and town driving), it may not be worth it.

Cheers in advance!

·
Registered
191 Posts
The sports suspension is a bit rough but the handling/cornering is excellent. I'd bet much of that is due to the runflats though;

·
White Clubvan Man
51 Posts
I spec'd the sports suspension on my S as it was a no cost job. To be honest, I thought it wobbled around a bit, whether the non sport suspension does the same, I dont know. Wasnt really too bothered though as I knew it would be coming off within a week and replaced with coilovers:D

·
Mrs Beastie
364 Posts
Our Clubman S had standard suspension -we bought it from the showroom so we didn't have the choice. Four weeks later it has Eibachs fitted! We had an S Works before with JCW suspension and we couldn't cope with the rolliness on corners, but its a different beast now and much better for it.
I would say as a no cost option take it, but you might find that even sports is too rolly, and change them afterwards, like Brettles did. Its pretty disturbing at speed on bends with standard suspension - depends what and how you're used to driving I suppose. :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone - went for the sports suspension - it's a no cost option and I figured that as most of the time it's only me in the car, I can live with a harsh ride if the handling is better. And like you said, if I don't like it, I can always change it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts