MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am going to purchase the new Mini JCW in the next couple of weeks and wanted some advice.
Would you recommend the sports suspension or the standard, I am not going to track the car and therefore only road use? I am new to Minis and currently drive an X5.

Thanks in advance.

Wrighty

·
Registered
889 Posts
Ive got sports suspension on mine and its surprisingly compliant but still great round corners

Think it is best choice for the car especially with optional strut brace unless you want to go harder core with the JCW suspension

·
Registered
847 Posts
Definately get the Sports Suspension! I have the Works Suspension on my R56 Cooper S and would reccomend it to anyone!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hello and welcome.
I am awaiting delivery of my new works, cant wait, and have ordered sports suspension.
The car we test drove didnt have it and it felt too "soft". A sports car should have sports suspension in my opinion.
We have it on our current works s and its brilliant!

·
www.tiovicente*****
130 Posts
I was dubious when I ordered the 'sports suspension' fearing that I'd end up with a crashy ride but to be fair its probably better than the standard set up although you'll struggle to tell the difference visually from the normal suspension. Turn in, feels a little sharper.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hello and welcome.
The car we test drove didnt have it and it felt too "soft". We have it on our current works s and its brilliant!
The suspension setups for the R56 are softer and less crashy than the prev gen. You may find you want to go for the Works suspension instead.

·
Registered
565 Posts
after having sports suspension on my S I opted for normal on my JCW purely because with the state of the roads in the UK I didn't want to be shaken to pieces every time I drove it

make sure you opt for the miss fitted dash and massive panel gaps must have option IMH

·
www.tiovicente*****
130 Posts
thats doesnt sound right :rolleyes:

so you have 3 options
  • standard
  • sports
  • JCW
am i correct?? if so whats the difference between standard and sports and sports and JCW :confused:
The JCW comes with either the standard suspension a la MCS or you can specify the 'sports' suspension which is 10mm lower with different rebound rates although this may differ in other countries.

·
F43i0
3,727 Posts
The JCW comes with either the standard suspension a la MCS or you can specify the 'sports' suspension which is 10mm lower with different rebound rates although this may differ in other countries.
so the sports suspension is the JCW suspension? :confused:

·
6X therapist
13,907 Posts
Standard is a compliant (softish) setup, Good with smaller wheel combinations

Sport is stiffer and better with larger wheels and has an identical ride height , a bit crashy on bumpy surfaces due to damper recovery rates but the car will corner flatter with less body roll

JCW . slightly lower and a good mix of comfort and handling

Just my opinion, but I like the standard set up better than Sport as it grips just as well and is a smoother drive. The JCW costs more but seems to give a more rewarding experience with a less crashy ride but more body control and less roll on the R55/6 and the R50/2/3 versions. The lower ride height looks better too with bigger wheel combos

1 - 20 of 25 Posts