MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mini Maniac
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed on a few R56 MCS' that have the spotlight lights fitted, they have a slatted grill. however i have also seen some that do not have the slatted grill.

Does anyone know why this is? I really want to get some spotlights but i can't stand the thought of the slatted grill.

Heres a picture i found. Apologies to the person i have "borrowed" it from:D but thanks!!

Attachments

·
MINI2 Youngster
95 Posts
I could be wrong but i think it depend on wether you have a AERO kit fitted (like picture above) or not.

and what do you mean by slated?

·
Registered
24 Posts
if your pretty handy at diy when fitting the spots do what bmw have done to the grills and cut them up!!! not sure on the chrome ones but my jcw is just a normal one that has been cut. felt robbed!

·
Mini Maniac
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately, i have seen pictures of minis with the JCW aero kit and some have that awful slatted grill and some don't. So i don't know how some managed to get it with the normal mesh grill.

I have the JCW aero kit, so i've got a bad feeling i will end up with that slatted thing. I hate it that much that i would rather not have the spotlights. I'm not the best at diy so i won't even attempt to do it myself.

Anyone know how to get the normal grill with the spots kit?:puzzled:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts