MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Cooper S
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Today, my spotlight kit arrived (Wipac / Madautoparts) but the supplied brackets have a problem on one side- there's a small pipe (I think from the air conditioning condenser) that's stopping the bracket fitting correctly.
Anyone else had this problem? Is the trick to just trim down the bracket a bit (I don't much fancy trying to chop the thick steel though) or are there maybe different designs of bracket I could use from elsewhere?
(R56 Cooper S, 2012, if that is relevant)
Automotive tire Bumper Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Rim

·
Registered
2006 Cooper Park Lane
103 Posts
It looks like it's not in the way by much, luckily it's the filling port rather then a pipe run to somewhere,

You can try and gently bend the aircon pipe, as long as your not forceful with it it should gently bend a little, make sure your bending it on the pipe rather then the weld,

Falling that or if your not brave enough to attempt it what about putting something in behind the bracket to space it away a little, like a penny washer?

·
Registered
87 Posts
just checked on mine & erm, yeah, common problem there is not much you can do to easily bend said pipe out of the way as its only a short run to the weld where it connects to the condensor etc.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Vehicle Gas

thats mine & has been like that over for about 3 years now.

& here is the damage caused ish, best i can do as the whole pipe flex's & starts stressing the weld.

one thing you could do if you are concerned about it is to grind off that part of the bracket just a smidge to generate some clearance

Automotive tire Wood Tread Rim Tints and shades

·
Registered
2012 Cooper S
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all,
So, I've ended up posting the bracket off to a mate of mine who has an angle grinder to trim it down a bit.
I did contact the seller and he said he'd heard of it once a few years ago, but didn't seem to be a common issue. I did some googling and found a website in the US selling brackets, and interestingly they had different sets for pre/post 2010. The 2010 onwards ones actually differ in design for each side, with the problematic one having a cutout...
But they were also well over $100! Hopefully a little grind will sort it out :)

Composite material Font Auto part Event Plastic

1 - 5 of 5 Posts