MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I saw a new MINI today with a "www.mini2.com" sticker on the back in Geelong today. Thought i'd come say hi! If you are the owner of this new MINI, I was the tool (hehe) in the Gold 1275 LS Clubman following you down High St in Belmont.

·
MCSJCW
1,667 Posts
Welcome to Mini2 :) It's definately wasn't me, but glad you have come across to say hi. I

Cheers

Karen

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Make sure ya go say hi over at www.ausmini.com (I founded/own/run the place)

But a warning... there are some anti new MINI people. I'm not one of them, of course!

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
red with a black roof? if so, that'd be Todd. 'Red&BlackS'
I'd be expecting a response from him on here pretty quick :)

edit: if it was a cooper it weren't todd..... :rolleyes:

·
MCSJCW
1,667 Posts
They call us "BIMI" drivers. I don't like that at all :eek:

We are all friendly here

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nar, i'm pretty sure it had a white roof. Wasn't an "S".

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ks_cooper said:
They call us "BIMI" drivers. I don't like that at all :eek:

We are all friendly here
"BINI", yes...

Don't worry, there are even people that dispise Clubmans! Ohwell, I own one of each plus a moke! I have a Gold 1275 LS Clubman and a roundnose panel van, which are both registered and going strong. The Moke is sitting there... I mean undergoing a restoration!

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
I wonder how many MINI haters realise that most of the design for the MINI was done while the brand was still owned by Rover...... and how many of them have actually driven a new one.....

personally I love both, and would love to get an old cooper S and do it up to look exactly like BRGMCS :)

·
You are number 6
5,267 Posts
poeee said:

But a warning... there are some anti new MINI people. I'm not one of them, of course!
Welcome to MINI2 poeee, I'm registered on ausmini and vist it regularly.
I used to have a gold 1275LS, great car :)

·
Un-Banned
1,999 Posts
Sorry mate, but after having a look at that website forum section, all I can say is "inferiority complex". There seems to be alot of hate towards the new mini. Grow up, if you want to live in a tiny bubble go ahead but lifes too short to be protecting a deceased car brand (rover) which never really made a great car. Is an old mini, comfortable, curvaeously stylish or super quick...NO!!! just like the new mini it has personality and charm unlike those ignorant :bad::bad::bad::bad:s whome bash it.
Most of these guys are probably too young to actually feel the Old Mini nostalgia, which is pretty sad!!!
Some people seem to bag the new Mini bc of price, well all I can say is get :bad::bad::bad::bad:ed you cheap :bad::bad::bad::bad::bad::bad::bad:s. If their such Mini freaks why do they feel insecure about an updated car at certain price. Its not about the value but the pleasure, which obviuosly old mini drivers dont get much of.....apart from you Wes ;)
Do they really believe that New Mini owners actually care about these trogladite comments.....Get over it
So to the old Mini drivers whome bash the "Binis", grow some testicles you scared little people, we love the old one...what's you're problem??

·
Twincharge???
2,227 Posts
The poeee name looks familiar and I was right :) it's someone from Ausmini. Welcome :)

Word enzo, word. Exactly my thoughts re: those old Mini owners.

Some of those hardcore Mini lover is a bit nutty, ie, they dislike anything besides the old BMC Mini's. When I was driving my old '88 Rover Mini, my Mini got spitted at one day by one such person...no idea what went thru his head at the time but hell, my car looks like a roundnose even though it's made by Rover so what was his problem?

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
Wasn't me!!

Well it could have, but I dont have a Mini2.com sticker, I have a big bang.com.au sticker in its side...

The only person in Geelong that I can think of is minifrog - he lives in Highton I think, with a CR/W cooper... he is on mini2, but never comes on the Aussie Section...

Im always buzzing around in Belmont, keep an eye out for me... I normally wave to fellow mini owners, unless I didnt honestly see you!!!

Give me a yell on here if you ever want to catch up for a fang!!

BTW - NIck - Im sure that like poee says there are many "old" Mini people that are negative, but there are alot of people who embrace us...

I went to the VMCI show a few months back & met some really nice people... I was with MickyD and another Geelong Mini Owner Stephen - (Black MCS - ITSNS) and we got talking to a number of owners about their car, most of them said, if they could afford it they wold buy a new one...

Micky Made the comment that people cant keep building the same car for ever, you have to keep on improving... I have said it a number of times here... I would never pay out another car because generally you find the owner has some sort of interest in the car...

I used to get people knocking my 2002 all the time - "Why would you want one of these shite boxes.. blah, blah, blah???"

The truth is, I love that car, and I wouldnt have anyhting different... IF I wanted to drive the same as everyone else, I could have, but I didnt... I can tell you that there is nothing more pleasing than sitting at a service station with mates in a 1974 2002 with mates in Turbo'd RX7's etc all nice cars - and having an old guy wandering over and saying "I love your car... in my day I would have given my back teeth for one of these!!"

The fact is, most people dont understand the significance of either of the cars - the old mini, the 2002 and the new mini - they have all been instrumental in changing the way we view motoring...

The mini was the first "small car" to carry 4 people and luggage, the 2002 was the car that created the BMW legacy as it is today... and the new mini - well thats just the hizzle!!:D

Todd

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
Yeah, and at the drop of a hat - I'd build an old round S in CR/B with Minilites!!

Todd

·
Twincharge???
2,227 Posts
You have great taste Todd, I used to have a '88 CR/CR Mini...except I tossed it after I discovered it's not exactly the right thing to play around with. Tossed that out and got the SG/SG MC :)

·
MINI Traitor
4,974 Posts
poeee said:

Hi welcome along. :)

I had a quick look over there, and it didn't seem to be a very positive environment if you own a new "BINI"?? hmmmm...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts