MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I hope there are people who will be excited or be interested to hear this. A few of us from the Mini forums went a Mini Tour at the Oxford on yesterday, which was fantastic, definitely recommend if anyone hasn't been. And thanks to ChloeG who organised it.:D

Well to get to the point. The tour guide showed us the "New Mini Convertible" we saw the shell being made in the factory by the robots and we even managed to spot a design on the board!!!
Then walking further round the factory we saw about 6 shells out on the factory floor, All left hand drives and they didn't look like they were cooper S either but then I can't be sure! They did look fantastic in the shell! Would have been even better if could have seen the finished product instead of a design! :p

Unfortunately, we weren't allowed to take any pictures around the factory, shame one of us never tried to sneak and get a picture, but then prob would have been thrown out if caught!!!:(

Which we could of done, there was a car under a sheet but the tour guide wouldn't tell us what it was. I suppose could have been the crossman or even the convertible!:puzzled:

Clo

·
totalMINI punto com
222 Posts
How wonderful for you guys! Waiting for the car is a rite of passage for me, but thanks for thinking about sneaking a picture. Glad you didn't and played it safe. Cheers.

·
Now what have I done????
2,704 Posts
Excellent news! LHD shells? Maybe those are for me and Derepente :D

Or manyeb they are destined for the launch in Detroit in January......

MINI E Cabrio anyone?

Ian

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep they were LHD shells. Yeah maybe, he said they were just for tests though. The design looked very nice up the board though. They seemed to be making quite a lot for tests!

·
Now what have I done????
2,704 Posts
Yep they were LHD shells. Yeah maybe, he said they were just for tests though. The design looked very nice up the board though. They seemed to be making quite a lot for tests!
Well, if they are looking for a test driver, they got my details!!!! :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah just remembered. I forgot....the tour guide also told us that mellow yellow is on it's way out and that there is a new colour for the convertible!

·
Now what have I done????
2,704 Posts
Ah just remembered. I forgot....the tour guide also told us that mellow yellow is on it's way out and that there is a new colour for the convertible!
I think that's Interchange Yellow - been mentioned on another thread..... But no word of any other special Cabrio colour?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i thought he def said was going to be on the Cabrio and that would be a new colour on it. But no he didnt say about any other colours

1 - 8 of 8 Posts