MINI Cooper Forum banner

3241 - 3260 of 6592 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Had several good Mini gang adventures on the M4 between Reading & Bristol recently.
Hooked up with a nice PW with black vipers S for a few junctions last week and was joined by another Coop in the outside lane so we were 3 minis wide for a bit.
Then tonight joined up with a nice Grey 06 Coop cruising West ...;)
Mini adventures still out there!!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
ALL seen in Preston today - was visiting the shops and saw loads of MINI's but here are a few I can remember:

On the way in I followed a Black Cooper S with clear OEM rear lights. (Think it has S-Spoke alloys)

Drove past either a Cooper of Cooper S Park Lane complete with Aero Kit - looked very nice!

Saw a Dark Silver Cooper S by a backstreet car cleaners - parked in the same car park, looked great

Finally in the town centre a Pepper White R56 Cooper with aero side skirts and black roof + stripes (on a 56 plate)

Anyone on here?

Regards,
James.

·
220 Wild Stallions
2,790 Posts
Park Lane 05 (I think) on M40 on Saturday about 2 pm ish - had a mini convoy for a while before we turned into services - gave them a wave and got a wave back! :)

·
220 Wild Stallions
2,790 Posts
Also a pure silver MC reg RH 77* with 2 very nice looking laydeez on A34 north about 5 pm saturday. Shame you didn't even acknowledge us - you were following us for ages until we started to follow a blue MCS convertable for a while, blasting it, instead until we turned into services.

·
Registered
356 Posts
minicabrio said:
I'm In Farnborough, work in Aldershot.

Keep an eye out for my Cool Blue Cooper Convertible, R90s and aero skirts, H15 MNX ;)
cool i live in farnborough, work locally but am in guildford quite often too.

mines a dark silver with black roof "GJ52" reg, pretty stock looking only with tints all round. Gtt220 fitted though so dont try it on:D :p

Mark

·
Mini2 Newbie
13 Posts
Hey Surrey people!!!

When I got my last Cooper I had heard about the flashing/waving thing but was disappointed when no one flashed or waved back so gave up. You are right (whoever said it) that there are alot of boring housewives in Surrey with minis.

Anyway - now I have discovered this site once my lightning blue silver viper striped cooper arrives (April) I am going to be on a mission in Surrey!!.

My main driving area is Woking/Weybridge and all around so look out for me and remember to flash!!! Woohoo!!!

·
Totally Mad!
9,105 Posts
Yesterday whilst out doing a recce for the Sunday run of the Yorkshire Weekender we saw quite a few MINIs :)

Parked in Thirsk market place was a lovely EB/W MCS with chequered roof and mirror caps and aero kit, looked :cool:

and heading up towards Sutton Bank out of Thirsk we were flashed first (very rare :p) by a guy in a lovely DS MCS with aero kit, and we got a nice wave from a black Convertible (had his roof up even though it was a gorgeous day :rolleyes: :p )

We even got a wave back from a couple of classic Minis :eek: :D

It was a good afternoon for waves ;) :D

·
1950s Housewife
3,253 Posts
From the Google Map I think you live relatively close by to me Robboc!

Tilly, I'm in Surrey too - BEP Cooper white roof / white vipers - I always wave and no-one waves back, hope I see you sometime!

·
bye bye MINI hello 206
4,313 Posts
BEP MINI parked along side 8 MINIs from newminikernow on sunday outside Smokey Joes-we thought u were a newbie-until we realised u'd tagged onto the end....who r u??!!

come join our club-we flyered ya car!! heee heee!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey Surrey people!!!

When I got my last Cooper I had heard about the flashing/waving thing but was disappointed when no one flashed or waved back so gave up. You are right (whoever said it) that there are alot of boring housewives in Surrey with minis.

Anyway - now I have discovered this site once my lightning blue silver viper striped cooper arrives (April) I am going to be on a mission in Surrey!!.

My main driving area is Woking/Weybridge and all around so look out for me and remember to flash!!! Woohoo!!!
Tilly

I live in Woking, and no-one waves. But i will keep my eye out for you.... I am a Hyper blue JCW with aero kit and bonnet stripes.

Rabbit

·
Registered
275 Posts
From the Google Map I think you live relatively close by to me Robboc!
!
within 2 miles i would say.

By the way. Stay clear of the A217 if you ever use it. They have started putting mobile camera vans down there, hiding behind bushes or slip roads. I got caught in my wifes bus the other day and think I may have just been caught doing 47mph in the 40 zone (a bloody puegeot driver pulled out on me so i overtook).

·
1950s Housewife
3,253 Posts
Thanks for the tip! Shame you got caught. Fingers crossed nothing will come of it.

They do the same on the Hogsback near Guildford and it's really sneaky and annoying.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Saw a GP heading into Liverpool approaching the end of the M62 this morning around 10ish. Couldn't see the roof or reg number as I was going in the other direction. Looked good tho :D

·
Mini2 Newbie
13 Posts
Tilly

I live in Woking, and no-one waves. But i will keep my eye out for you.... I am a Hyper blue JCW with aero kit and bonnet stripes.

Rabbit
Hey cool! I live in Knaphill and work near minispeed over at Brooklands so will definately look out for all of you guys over this way!!

I was checking out all the minis on the way to work this morning and looking out for people - until I realised I'm still driving a black Astra SRI and not a mini yet so no one will notice me - lol!!! ;)

Roll on delivery day!!!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Saw a GP heading into Liverpool approaching the end of the M62 this morning around 10ish. Couldn't see the roof or reg number as I was going in the other direction. Looked good tho :D
I regularly see this car - well I asume its the same one - around Liverpool. To date I think I have seen it 5 or 6 times. A particularly young looking guy drives it - my housemate thinks it belongs to Joey Barton (his faimly all live in Liverpool), but we have not yet been able to see the driver for long enough to tell if it is or not. Its often up around mount pleasant by Liverpool Uni and I've even seen it parked up in Concert Sq on a night out. I know if I owned a GP I would not leave it parked outside a club in the major nightspot of the city!!

James.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I regularly see this car - well I asume its the same one - around Liverpool. To date I think I have seen it 5 or 6 times. A particularly young looking guy drives it - my housemate thinks it belongs to Joey Barton (his faimly all live in Liverpool), but we have not yet been able to see the driver for long enough to tell if it is or not. Its often up around mount pleasant by Liverpool Uni and I've even seen it parked up in Concert Sq on a night out. I know if I owned a GP I would not leave it parked outside a club in the major nightspot of the city!!

James.
Was on a rare day off today as normally in work at that time of day and work up in St Helens so the chances of me seeing it again are remote but if I do, I will try and be observant and take notice of the driver to prove or disprove the theory that it is owned by Joey Barton. :rolleyes:

·
IJ 2009 - Team 81
3,223 Posts
Sorry ignore this post just me ranting but this got me so mad.:realmad12ds:

Mazda Xedos on the A556 this morning in the fog. Travelling far slower than everyone else, NO LIGHTS, and texting on your mobile phone.:eek:o9ei: YOU *@%& !!!!!:realmad12ds:

You finally got the message from all those swerving to avoid you though, and put your sidelights on.:rolleyes9im:

Ok, and breathe, relax, I am in a peaceful place:embarrassed3lo:

3241 - 3260 of 6592 Posts