MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay i've had the Cooper S about 4 weeks now. I took of the hideous 18" wheels that came on it & replaced it with some nice 17" Works style wheels & i've fitted an M7 induction.

Now the offset is better on the new wheels I want to start sorting out the handling. I have had coilovers on my Subaru before & although they were great on the track there was quite a compromise in ride quality on the road. I'm after something that will do both adequately and that will drop the car maybe 30mm or so. I have opted just to replace the springs at this time because I think the dampers are adequate for my needs at the moment.

On the Subaru this would have been Eibachs without thinking but I wondered what the general concensus was for a Mini? I have searched a bit & found the following:

Eibach Pro-kit
KW
Koni
Tein S-tec
Spax
Apex
Pi
G-Max
Avo

What are your views?

Would be nice if there was somewhere that compared these springs with such things as progressive/non-progressive, spring rates, price, drop etc...

Any comments greatly received.

Cheers

Matt

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hi, I drive a mini one with Eibach springs and cooper s dampers. Its a lot firmer than the standard one setup but probably isnt much firmer than the standard S setup. its improved the handling a lot and droped it 3-4cm, I also have a cusco strut brace which made a bit of a difference

Richard

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Richard. I'll definately be investing in strut braces. You don't realise how much chassis flex there is on a car until you've had them :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just won a 6 month old set of Eibach pro-sport springs on Ebay for £33.00 :eek::eek::biggrin:

I'll get them on the car ASAP :nice:

MAFFA

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like a bargain - did you double check they were the right ones okay?
Yeah I contacted the seller & got confirmation of the following part numbers:

Front - 115700103VA
Rear - 115700101HA

I then checked these against the Eibach website.

Mine's a 12/02 registered Cooper S & this is the pro kit for 03/02 onward :)

I needed to be sure myself before buying

MAFFA

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They would if I ever received them :angry::angry:

Paypal dispute going on as we speak as a fellow mini owner tries to shaft me. E-mailed me after i'd won and paid for them and said...sorry I don't think that's enough, I wanted more.

There was no reserve on them so they went for what I bid for them. If anyone else had bid they would have got more as my maximum was £60 or something.

Since then no e-mail has been replied to! :angry:

I'll probably end up being refunded for the bargain of the year & they'll get away with it!!

MAFFA

·
Registered
398 Posts
That is really annoying, don't be tempted to give them anymore money... i'm sure you won't

i would have thought the threat of negative feedback, ebay strike, extra listing fees etc would make him do the right thing and send you what you have paid for!

I got mine off the classifieds on here for £75, worth keeping an eye out there if all else fails

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You would have thought so wouldn't you? Nevermind at least i'm protected by Paypal. The seller has until 20th to respond to them with info they have requested. Not sure what happens if they don't respond? Probably refunded like I said :( Shame really!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hi Really sorry about your situation! Also have had many fraudsters from ebay..it`s totally junk these days.

You will be fine with Paypal, they do listen at times. They request proof of the seller for postage.
In your case, he has not sent the goods. The money has been put on hold by Paypal and should be returned to you!

It`s always the same these days..you think you secured a bargain and it`s not meant to be :(

I suppose you can have one happy thought..at the mo we have 99p a litre unleaded *wow*

Let us know how you get on.
Ps, I always find sending polite email in regards to a dispute/problem explaining how unhapy you felt with the certain transaction, you will get your money back quicker :)
Just my bob or two"
Good look!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got my £43 back in the end. This is the 3rd claim i've had to make in as many months! One was even from an Ebay store :(

Hey ho i'll look out for another bargain :)

MAFFA

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
They would if I ever received them :angry::angry:

Paypal dispute going on as we speak as a fellow mini owner tries to shaft me. E-mailed me after i'd won and paid for them and said...sorry I don't think that's enough, I wanted more.

There was no reserve on them so they went for what I bid for them. If anyone else had bid they would have got more as my maximum was £60 or something.

Since then no e-mail has been replied to! :angry:

I'll probably end up being refunded for the bargain of the year & they'll get away with it!!

MAFFA
:O what a mug!

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
too right....its an auction! they cant say that they wanted more! i've just got a K&N Apollo off ebay...they guy said he wanted £95 for it but the auction ended @ £51.....he didnt turn round n say i couldnt have it?! :confused:

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
Springs only then I'd have to say eibach. i loved my KWs but they were harsh.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
too right....its an auction! they cant say that they wanted more! i've just got a K&N Apollo off ebay...they guy said he wanted £95 for it but the auction ended @ £51.....he didnt turn round n say i couldnt have it?! :confused:
I know...just rude isn't it!

MAFFA

1 - 20 of 21 Posts