MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wifes Cooper has half leather interior, the drivers seat has a really anoying squeak even when travelling on the smoothest of surfaces, you can move the seat height up and down, or back and forward and it is still there. Anyone out there come across this and how we can get rid of it!:confused:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Paul

I had a similar squeak. Only came in after about 30 mins of use.

The dealer adjusted it and it seems to have stopped. They said that if it happens again that there is some part they can intall to fix it.

Hope this helps.

Garry

·
Registered
5 Posts
I thought it was just me!! My seat also squeaks. It occurs mostly when I use the clutch or pull away from a standing start (even in non-boy racer mode).

I am going to leave it another month or two to see if any other faults appear before taking it into the dealer.

Mikeo

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine's been doing this (both front seats) since the car was a week or two old.
My dealer is supposed to be getting some spacers in from Germany and they would take about 3 weeks to come in. They said that about 4 weeks ago.
Must remember to chase them tomorrow!
They do seem to be better the lower down I set them but still v.annoying!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Mine too - started on the 2nd day. I'm going to leave it for a wee while in case it is just breaking in. Anyone noticed a noise from the lumbar support?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Mine too... since nearly new. Doesn't bug me too much because I'm too busy driving the thing and listening to the superb CD Boost stereo (usually far too loud)!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Mine didn't, then did when they replaced the seat bases.
Went in Tuesday morning squeaking like a mouse, came out in the afternoon as quiet as a.......... mouse.
Apparently they took seat out, lubed some bits, put it back together, job done.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I too have half leather seats with the squeak and have covered 3000+ miles, so they should have worn in by now, keep meaning to go in to have that and the sunroof fixed

·
Registered
23 Posts
My Cooper (3000 miles or so now) was in for a service a week or two ago, and the squeaky seat was one of the reasons.

Fine after the service :) But only 200 miles later and the squeak is returning :(

There are also rattles in the doors that were to be fixed but are now worse! :mad:

The dealer is waiting for parts to fix the intermitant starting problem so I'll get them to sort the squeaks/rattles when it goes back in for that.

·
M2 Bapmaster
3,138 Posts
Dearest DaveG could you keep us posted on the outcome of therattles and squeaks. As I also have the rattling doors and would like to know what is needed to be done before I try and get the dealer to do it. If you don't mind.

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
The part's needed to fix the starting problem aren't due for a while. Earliest date for my Cooper to be back at the dealer is early April. If you can wait that long I will report back:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Squeaky Seats

Thanks for the DIY guide to fixing the problem. The dealer has had it back in today and removed the seat and lubricated it. Two miles down the road it was back again

We have been told that if we wait a couple of weeks that there will be a modification that will fix it?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts