MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my 16k mile JCW yesterday and on the drive home noticed a very slight squeak from the brakes (can't decide which one, or may be its all of them) under light braking.

It has the upgraded JCW brakes if that makes any difference.

I used to have an Elise with racey pads in and as a side effect they would squeal under light pressure, so is my sound just the upgraded pads with the JCW brakes??

The car would have needed its first MOT in about 7 months therefore Mini gave it an MOT before I picked it up, presume the MOT would have picked up if it needed new pads/discs??

Thanks, Mark

·
Registered
754 Posts
I have JCW brakes on my R53 Works and they are silent and have done 13k miles, so not much different to yourself.

I wouldn't expect them to need changing with such low milage but I guess it depends how it was driven previously. An MoT wouldn't necessarily have picked up whether the pad needed changing, so long as the brakes passed the stopping requirements. Did they actually give you a MoT certificate? Or was it a Mini health check they did?

If it's been stood for a while, it may need just the pads bedding in again. Any Idea's how long it was on the dealership forecourt?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found out today that discs and pads were replaced all round in April and the car has stood around quite a bit since then.

I will give them a proper bedding in at the weekend and see if it does the trick.

Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts