MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· MTH MCS
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 MCS with 1,500 miles on it. I have the leather and cold weather package.
The seat made a squeaking sound since I first got it, now it is getting louder to the point where I don't like to drive with the radio off!
Every little bump and lump in the road makes it squeak. I am not overweight and it does it at any seat hight.
Is there a fix? does anyone else have this issue?
Please respond and this is taking the fun out of driving this car!

Thanks

· almost 59k
5,115 Posts
to fix.

1.slide seat as far forward as possible
2. elevate (ratchet upward) the seat to expose mechanism
3. lift seat forward as if entering the rear seat.

there is a visible inner and outer arm with a pin joint. (metal on metal)

4. lubricate this point with a penetrating lubricant spray.

return seat to normal position and squeak should go away.

repeat above when required

· Registered
357 Posts
Can't wait to get home and try this! The various rattles I can almost accept :( The squeaking/creaking seat has been driving me mad for the last two years. The dealer has never been able to make it stop for more than two weeks at a stretch.

· Registered
429 Posts
dmholmes said:
Can't wait to get home and try this! The various rattles I can almost accept :( The squeaking/creaking seat has been driving me mad for the last two years.
Same thing here. I can live with the other little rattles but the seat squeeking every time you change position has been driving me crazy. I'm tall and it gets worse the lower the seat position is.

· MTH MCS
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
scooperman_uk, MY HERO

scooperman_uk
Thank you Thank you. It worked I enjoy my Mini again!
Next time I am back home in the UK I will try and find you and buy you a beer!

Robert

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.