MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my drivers seat has developed an anoying squeek (not from the
leather) it seems \"frame kinda noise\".
the dealer daid they cant find anything.

i have noticed a few other messages with i assume similar problems

anyone put their finger on what it is ? anyone got their seats fixed ?
or post if you also have the problem please

mark

·
Registered
33 Posts
I\'ve had my Cooper for 5 days now, but unfortunately it\'s developed exactly the same sort of squeak. There\'s also a rattle from the left hand side of the dashboard, oh yes, and the Minidisc player is completely dead. Otherwise it\'s fantastic!!! :party: Very refined, smooth, comfortable and rapid.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a squeaky passenger seat and have narrowed down the fault to the height adjustment system. The height I have the chair at, determines the amount of squeak I get. At the moment it\'s pretty good, I\'ve got it in a place where it\'s (almost) squeak free. Play around with the height and it might help...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I\'ve had my Cooper for 10 days and noticed a squeak in the driver seat after about 4 days. Sounds like an old mattress! Will report back if the height adjuster trick works.

It also pulls to the left a bit too - but probably wouldn\'t have noticed if it hadn\'t been discussed here.

Just in case anyone gets the wrong idea - its still the best car I\'ve ever owned and the drive quality is amazing. I bought from Ashridge in Herts - would recommend them without reservation.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I too have had a sqeeky drivers seat since picking up the car in September.
The car went back to the dealer last week for a couple of days.

Apparently, BMW are aware of this and have modified the frames i think.

Unfortunately, dealers stripped down my seat only to find MINI had sent the wrong parts! Car had to be rebuilt again and is now booked in for November.

Never mind, problem will eventually be solved and it hasnt destroyed my driving pleasure i am very pleased to report.

Sqeek free soon !!!

Regards,

lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately, dealers stripped down my seat only to find MINI had sent the wrong parts! Car had to be rebuilt again and is now booked in for November.

Never mind, problem will eventually be solved and it hasnt destroyed my driving pleasure i am very pleased to report.

do you know what they are fixing so i can get mine sorted

mark

·
Registered
106 Posts
hi Mark,

I think they are putting in new \'frames\' for the affected seats.

I think the dealers are aware of the problem and have had notification from MINI concerning the affected \'sqeeky\' seats.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

lol

·
Registered
71 Posts
Had mine since Thursday 25th. My drivers seat developed a squeek after about 200 miles. A small rattle from somewhere else as well...will be phoning dealer Tues 29th in the morning.

Other than that it\'s the nicest car I\'ve ever driven and I still cant get over the amount of grip and feedback from the steering. It\'s amazing fun.
:):):):):):):):):):):):):)
:):):):):):):):):):):):):)
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Must find more roundabouts.....must find more roundabouts..........must find more roundabouts.........

·
Registered
95 Posts
So whats the solution then?

Hi I have the same problem Im only 300km on my Cooper S and same squeeky seats has anyone found the solution????

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Ranges from lubrication to replacement of seat. This is a very old thread but there are more recent ones around -- if you do a search you should see them.

Harry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts