MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
zanhar25
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cool: Hello everybody
I got my Mini Cooper S yesterday and I think it is superb .
I have a couple of things to ask if anyone can advise me please.
The steering column seems to squeak,creak at low speeds any ideas?
Also it hasn't got any front foglights is it possible to retro fit them,I know there are 'how to' info in technical on this site but everything I click on comes up as server error. :mad:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Scooter is an '02 MC, so my steering problems may not resolved in the same fashion as yours, but, I had two different types of steering work performed. Last year Scooter's steering column was replaced to resolve a bad bearing that was causing a "clunk" sound.. Earlier this year, Scooter's steering rack was replaced to resolve a sound similar to what you are desribing, a low speed creak.

Dan :red:

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
zanhar25 said:
:cool: Hello everybody
I got my Mini Cooper S yesterday and I think it is superb .
I have a couple of things to ask if anyone can advise me please.
The steering column seems to squeak,creak at low speeds any ideas?
Also it hasn't got any front foglights is it possible to retro fit them,I know there are 'how to' info in technical on this site but everything I click on comes up as server error. :mad:
Take it your dealer, i along with lots of others on here have had similar problems.

Mines in now for it's secong steering column, and that's in addition to a new steering rack i had replaced last month :mad:

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 04 Steering column also squeaked from new. It went in and they replaced this, although not it has to go back as the steering wheel is now not straight.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've just had mine replace @ 7,500 miles.

Slightly creaky more feel than noise and on swift starts I could also feel a slight take up in the steering.

I'd get it looked at

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mine had the same problem at 16k miles, took in to the dealer a new steerin column was put in and its all sorted, im sure its a common problem.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got 9,300mi on mine and I noticed a sqeak a couple of times pulling out of a parking space and then it goes away. I will be notifying my dealer of this.

·
zanhar25
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:cool: Just a follow up to my squeaky steering column .When the S went in for it's service MINI put in a brand spanking new one under warranty,Top Guys ,so now it is squeak free and even a better pleasure to drive. :D :red: :D :red: :D :red: :D :red: :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts