MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
M3 CSL
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As Snowie has been asking for some SRR figures I thought I would post mine up to start off

[email protected] (graph shows some clipping above 6500)
215lbs/[email protected] (could be a bit more though from looking at the graph as it is nearly on the next line up which is 218.75)

From reading another thread it seems that some people want to cap the rpm limit as that can "fudge numbers". A vendor also said "I tend to ignore bhp numbers once the torque has fallen below about 15% ish of max torque,it is far less useful power and only derived due the rpm" so when you look at my graph you can see that my peak bhp figure is at 7500 and my peak torque is at about 4800 an I still make [email protected] the redline (so that is around 11/12% ish of max torque)

I only make 2.7bhp from 7000 to 7500

So I think it is fair to say that my car is set up to run higher rpm limit period. Not just to bump up the peak bhp figure as some might think

The wheel horsepower for my car using my measured run down losses from 1320's dyno means that it is 233.5WHP (269.5bhp)

Attachments

·
MINI Obsessed...
4,989 Posts
Here's mine!

222.3BHP @ 6,750rpm
198lbft @ 4,300rpm
186.2WHP @ 6,750rpm
165wlbft @ 4,300rpm

Mods: 17% Pulley, RMW Head, 380cc Bosch Injectors. Forged JE Pistons but no increase in HP.

Sorry about the pic quality!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I can't post a pic of my graph as i don't have a scanner. But my result is as follows.

169.4 bhp @ 6500 rpm.
164 Ib/ft @ 3900 rpm.
140 whp @ 6500 rpm.
135 wIb/ft @ 3900 rpm.

My MCS is stock engine wise, only mod being a Milltec cat back exhaust, but wouldn't expect much if any gain from this.

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
NOW THAT is a shining example of a well set up car , and could be used as a template for what to look for in a dyno chart ,no need for 30-70 times or any other times
to me it reads fast car!! -all done on a 15% pulley ?
the area below the torque line is maximised and a wide useable range available
if this was overlayed on a stock MCS dyno graph it would graphically show the benefits of tuning

·
MiniTorque*****
1,072 Posts
My graphs are at 1320 but I got 247.5bhp running 14 psi of boost... thankfully though I've found my boost leak so even with 14 psi I'm happy at getting 247.5 bhp.

It's back on the rollers at AMD this Sunday so I will update the post then with new figures next week.

·
Supercharger Noiseaholic
186 Posts
My graphs are at 1320 but I got 247.5bhp running 14 psi of boost... thankfully though I've found my boost leak so even with 14 psi I'm happy at getting 247.5 bhp.

It's back on the rollers at AMD this Sunday so I will update the post then with new figures next week.
Was it what i suggested ben? or did you find a bigger hole somewhere else?

·
MINI Obsessed...
4,989 Posts
better get the car checked out.... running really lean, car is pulling timing
Hi Jan! Yeah working on it at the moment.... I think its the injectors. I can even feel it mildly knocking at low revs but fine if I keep the revs up above 3,500 or when its fully up to temp. Shows why my 30-70 has lost 0.8sec :(

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
Hi Jan! Yeah working on it at the moment.... I think its the injectors. I can even feel it mildly knocking at low revs but fine if I keep the revs up above 3,500 or when its fully up to temp. Shows why my 30-70 has lost 0.8sec :(
it's staying way too lean as the car is adding boost, I can guarantee you it is knocking

·
M3 CSL
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NOW THAT is a shining example of a well set up car , and could be used as a template for what to look for in a dyno chart ,no need for 30-70 times or any other times
to me it reads fast car!! -all done on a 15% pulley ?
the area below the torque line is maximised and a wide useable range available
if this was overlayed on a stock MCS dyno graph it would graphically show the benefits of tuning

Yes done with a 15% pulley running boost of about 14.5-15 psi, there is still more torque left to be gained with a few different parts;)

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
Yes done with a 15% pulley running boost of about 14.5-15 psi, there is still more torque left to be gained with a few different parts;)
having tuned on dynapacks I know for a fact that when our dyno shows more power we go faster at the track. If you do you dyno testing properly it is a very effect tool in going faster at the track. We have proven it time and time again.

This fascination with "dyno's don't work" is utter nonsense

the Mini community is one of the only places where "tuners" are scared to show what their products actually do on a dyno :(

We show it on the dyno and the track

·
M3 CSL
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
having tuned on dynapacks I know for a fact that when our dyno shows more power we go faster at the track. If you do you dyno testing properly it is a very effect tool in going faster at the track. We have proven it time and time again.

This fascination with "dyno's don't work" is utter nonsense

the Mini community is one of the only places where "tuners" are scared to show what their products actually do on a dyno :(

We show it on the dyno and the track
Spot on Jan, and I test my car up my "drag strip" ( was telling Paul about it, uphill as well:)) and when you tuned it and it gained X amount of power on the dyno it shown when I tested it from point to point.

I was happy to see that I went on the rollers @1320 and made back to back runs of 266bhp and then I went to another dyno in hot temps and made 269.5bhp. So yes I got different numbers but they were in the same area. If a car makes power then generally it will be shown on the rollers IMO and I will back up the numbers for sure when I run it at the pod (wish it was next saturday and not next friday or I would have the slip:biggrin:).

I will happily rev my engine to 8k when I can keep the inlet temps down, as when I hit my redline now my scangauge jumps to mid 40's from a starting point of 28ish, so in the summer here my car will be clipping as the starting point will be high 30's or even 40's

At the end of the day you put your car on the rollers and it makes power or it doesn't, if it doesn't you get to play with more parts:biggrin:

·
dyno-mite, might not....
1,037 Posts
this may be a dumb question,
but why do graphs on mcs have hp/torque meet point at 5250rpm is this significant in any way

1 - 20 of 23 Posts