Factory = 208bhp and 192lb-ft, 207lb-ft on overboost

Worth the upgrade = Nope :D

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Kev

Not alot of difference on the torque

Do you think there will be an official stage 2 kit ever? Or will i need to go aftermarket to boost beyond stage 1

Perhaps should have gone stright down this rout rather than going for a stage 1 upgrade?

Tobes

·
Registered
851 Posts
Doubt there will be a stage 2 kit, but with Mini you never know. When I purchased my R56 all the dealers and news/rumour sites online said there was to be no JCW engine upgrades at all...

If I didn't own an R56 S already I'd probably buy the factory works, but given the cost to change cars I think anyone would be crazy to do it given the cost of the tuning kit. With a highflow cat you'd probably be pretty close to the factory numbers if that's what you wanted.

·
Factory JCW
658 Posts
Agreed here, the cost of changing to the Factory JCW is just too much when you allready have a R56 S. I admit i did think about it, but have now decided to go down the aftermarket route, and there will be more developments here i think coming soon...
Plus theres every chance your S will be much more powerfull then the Factory JCW anyway ;)

·
Waiting for Works Clubman
338 Posts
They've said that the John Cooper Works brand is to be regarded as filling the same niche as the M-power brand for BMWs. You don't see BMW falling over itself to sell "M" tuning kits for the standard saloons; now there's a JCW-brand car, I think they'll stop selling the tuning kits at some point in the future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts