MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, the backbox on my gf's cooper is starting to rot, and rattle quite a bit.

BMW/Mini want something like £350 fitted for the backbox fitted - is there anywhere cheaper I can source the part from?

I've tried eBay, but nothing on there at the moment.

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Back Box

Hey

I replaced my back box in my o2 plate in May. I got it done at Mcconechys in Paisley for £154 including vat and fitting.Kwik fit wanted £199 I called Mini too and had a little chuckle at the price and so did the parts chap on the phone at douglas park and told me where they get their parts from Bosch and to call them.

hope this helps

Pam

·
it's not easy bein' green
126 Posts
Hey

I replaced my back box in my o2 plate in May. I got it done at Mcconechys in Paisley for £154 including vat and fitting.Kwik fit wanted £199 I called Mini too and had a little chuckle at the price and so did the parts chap on the phone at douglas park and told me where they get their parts from Bosch and to call them.

hope this helps

Pam
Out of interest did you try Budget in Bridge Street? The last couple of times I've had to buy an exhaust (not for the Mini) they were the cheapest by quite a bit

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks chaps - I had seen that one on Eurocarparts. I take it it'll be the same as the standard one then?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Went to Kwikfit today for one and he said it would be £199

But they had to order it in specially :( so will try somewhere else tomorrow who can do it there and then

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
try longlife exhausts. they will make you one up there and then. £149 inc VAT for a back box. it takes them 3 hours to custom make it but its worth the wait :D. you can pick which sort of tail pipe you want too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts