MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reasonably close, but so theres a bit of bumper in the pic too!

I'd like it to compare to this:

Many thanks

-Rob

·
meow mini2 meow
560 Posts
No pics I'm afraid, but the standard one is just a pipe. There is the "tail pipe" exhaust end which I think just clips on and looks like a can of drink (i.e. budweiser) - it is an extra / included with the Chili Pack.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, perhaps an easier question then, do you (or anyone else) know a fruity sounding aftermarket exhaust which looks pretty much spot on OEM? I like the HKS, and know it would be built as if from God himself but at the end of the day all cat back exhausts are going to have roughly the same gains and almost £400 is a shed load of cash!

-Rob

·
meow mini2 meow
560 Posts
most after market exhausts that I've seen have beeen slash cuts or just big round :bad::bad::bad::bad::bad::bad::bad:s!!!! I really really wanted a PlayMini (http://www.playmini2.co.uk) slash cut but I couldn't find a competitive insurance quote - most places wanted £200 more and I refuse to pay that kind of money for a couple (or so ;)) bhp increase - I think I'll just drill holes in the bugger instead!!!!!

·
Keep on Coopering
76 Posts
Standard Cooper exhaust (just before it was replaced by Playmini 100 mm TT style :cool: ). I do not have a pic of the TT Style yet, but this is to be arranged in the very near future. Will attach that one as well for comparision.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Here's my 03 MINI with a standard exhaust...

and then with a slash-cut PlayMini (sorry it's a side-on photo)...

The PlayMini cat-back (no centre muffler) is a great exhaust for the money. It's not too loud and is silent when cruising on the motorway in 5th. The other thing I like is that if you're slowing down, say in a car park, just drop the car into 1st at 3000 RPM and let the engine slow the car - the exhaust pops and crackles. :D

My insurance company classed this as a modification and thereby added 10% to my insurance, in my case £30ish. Bargain.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the input, i appreciate it a lot.

I've heard good things about the play mini but it is a bit too large for my tastes, but a definite improvement over the standard one.

Being 19 i'd love insurance to be as simple as it is for you, i expect just getting an exhaust covered will be a chore for me!

Thanks,

-Rob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts