MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,

Last week I drove my S down the motorway in the snow and rain from the North West to London. Whenever I came to a complete stop I noticed that all this steam came out from my scoop! Now, I know it was very wet and cold last week, but did anyone else exerience similar? Since then it's been fine when I've driven it, nothing like the same weather conditions though.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yep - all the time in cold, wet weather. It's just water that's got onto the hot intercooler or engine evaporating. Rest assured there's nothing wrong with your car!

Personally, I think it looks pretty cool.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have to admit, I did think it looked quite cool, once I got over the fear of my engine overheating! It generated a lot of steam!

Now all I need to do is link up a water pistol which can be triggered from the drivers seat to do it in all weather!

(although, did one of the Evo's not have a similar set up for extra power??)

·
www.totalmini*****
15,256 Posts
There are also a number of MCS's with the spray mechanism for extra cooling ;)

I think it's a conversion of the headlamp washer syatem which then sparys water over the intercooler. Very cool, and very effective for thos in hotter climates.

·
M5 Extraordinare!
6,796 Posts
Ya I read about this many many times but I never experienced it myself... doesnt rain hard enough here in So Cal... DOH!

·
a.k.a Handsome Rob
2,955 Posts
EBMCS03 said:
Ya I read about this many many times but I never experienced it myself... doesnt rain hard enough here in So Cal... DOH!
It has happened to me twice. The first time I freaked out thinking the car was overheating, then I remembered reading about it :eek: . The second time the car next to me was pointing franticly at it ( like I couldn't see it :rolleyes: ) I gave a wave and mouthed it's ok. I think it is very cool, reminds me of race horses or something like that on a cold Kentucky race track.
Tavis1 :red:

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
EBMCS03 said:
Just go a drive after you have washed your car :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts