MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks my 2005 cooper S:sleep: has me on the edge after a series of faults from previous owner ie rear brakes fitted wrong way round rear pads metal to metal now sorted My steering is driving me mad
When you start of its heavy and goes through patches IE stiff free and back and to stiff mostly when turning outside a couple of degrees of centre line
anyone experienced this or anything like it and how did they cure it
Any help will be appreciated

· Registered
13,636 Posts
hi folks my 2005 cooper S:sleep: has me on the edge after a series of faults from previous owner ie rear brakes fitted wrong way round rear pads metal to metal now sorted My steering is driving me mad
When you start of its heavy and goes through patches IE stiff free and back and to stiff mostly when turning outside a couple of degrees of centre line
anyone experienced this or anything like it and how did they cure it
Any help will be appreciated
steering pump brushes on motor or the control board common when fail,, best off fitting a refurbish unit off ebay ie company's give life time warranty on them for £180 ish

· Registered
13,636 Posts
would also check the joint on steering column ie spray wd40 in it,, most common is pump

· Registered
13,636 Posts
Sorry its taken this long to reply one can wd40 on the steering connecting joint and now find tip light steering thanks for the idea mike
ideal nice when its a simple one

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.