MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my car two weeks now & its great, BUT I have just noticed the following.

When I pull away in 1st gear and have the steering wheel turned slightly left, I then feel a shaking in the floor at approx 10 - 20 mph. It isn''t feeding back through the steering wheel, but I can feel this shaking that almost feels as if the wheels are badly in need of being balanced. I manly feel it through my feet and the floor if you know what I mean?.

Any ideas?

I haven't been to the dealer yet and I'm trying to get some feedback on here before I book it in under warranty............ :confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have this on my 51 reg One. On the last visit to the dealer they got the area technician to test it & he said to replace the airbox but the problem still exists. The dealer also claimed it was the exhaust flow resonating but I'm not convinced it can be just that & if your car is only two weeks old the baffles in the exhaust should be fully packed.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting, I'll keep you posted on my dealers findings.........

·
MINI2 Irritant
951 Posts
mtuk said:
I've had my car two weeks now & its great, BUT I have just noticed the following.

When I pull away in 1st gear and have the steering wheel turned slightly left, I then feel a shaking in the floor at approx 10 - 20 mph. It isn''t feeding back through the steering wheel, but I can feel this shaking that almost feels as if the wheels are badly in need of being balanced. I manly feel it through my feet and the floor if you know what I mean?.

Any ideas?

I haven't been to the dealer yet and I'm trying to get some feedback on here before I book it in under warranty............ :confused:
sounds like a dodgy steering rack to me - check the power steering fluid reservior my bet is it could be empty!!

Id keep a note book in the car so you can list the faults as and when the happen, coz unfortunately there are few mini owners who have a fault free life!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts