MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys:

My steering wheel badge (MINI Logo) is coming off. It could have honestly been my fault
since its bent at the center causing the right corner to pop out. I took it to the dealer to get it fixed and they declined. :(

Has anyone had a similar issue or know how or were I can have it replaced?

I am not sure if it's one piece or an entire airbag assembly.

Is the single badge new in the 2005 model?
Because I have seen prior models with a big black circular center unit which contains the logo as well; one piece.

Thank you for your reply.

Best Regards,
minis13
:dsblack:

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
minis13 said:
Hi guys:

My steering wheel badge (MINI Logo) is coming off. It could have honestly been my fault
since its bent at the center causing the right corner to pop out. I took it to the dealer to get it fixed and they declined.
Sorry, minis13, I don't know anything about what you can do about the badge, but I do know that you should never go back to that dealer again. Wonks... :mad:

·
Looking good in MOC
141 Posts
I have also dented this piece of my steering wheel. (pushing the horn to hard in a fit of road rage).

I spoke to my delaer who has said it will have to be a whole new air bag to resolve this. I was quoted £200 plus labour, so obviously i didnt bother.

I have however considered searfully prising the logo off anf bending back and re-fixing it with some sort of glue.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A Resolution is near.

Hi guys just a quick feedback on the situation here.

I just spoke to the general manager, Joseph, and things are looking a lot better this morning.

Good thing he is around because I was totally disappointed with the treatment received in the service department up to yesterday.

A word of caution though. :eek:

TREAT YOUR HORN GENTLY

Best Regards,
Minis13
:dsblack:

·
Looking good in MOC
141 Posts
You'll ahveto me let me know how you got on!

I have pics in my gallery of my badge, not the best i took them on my camera phone.

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
Yeah, when I beep the horn, I am always in the habit of never hitting the area where the badge is located. I think I did that one as a teenager and almost broke some bones in my hand. So, almost by default now, I hit the sides or around it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was almost in an accisdent and pushed my horn. Now the right wing of emblem is poking out of steering wheel toward my eye. I went to 2 dealers and they said they would fix it for 500 dollars since the entire airbag needs to be changed. I feel the design is flawed and $500 is absurd for the emblem. Both dealers said this is very common and the horn is supposed to be pressed on the sides. I said in the 1/1000 of a second between life and death I was worring were tp push the horn lightly and that it is a shame that someone is going to have to lose and eye and sue before Mini addresses this issue. The one service manager said, "oh that piece won't hit you. Mini designed it to split into 2 pieces and neither piece will hit you" He is looking into it with the region rep. Anybody else have this problem? Did you get it fixed? Is there a way to take emblem out of steering wheel?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts