MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps someone might know of this fault.

I'm getting a whistle noise in the car, sounds like wind rushing through the car, but it's triggered by the steering and definitely related to the power steering.

The engine has to have got up to temp as well. Under the bonnet the whistle is coming from the power steering fluid area. In fact, if I move the hoses under the reservoir the whistle gets louder. Also, if I move the steering very slightly, the whistle temporarily ( a second of two) goes, but then comes back.

Mini replaced the power steering pump, but this made no difference and its definitely NOT the whine we all know (and love) with Mini steering. The guys at Mini think it might be something to do with the fluid.....Any thoughts?

Once triggered the noise is there all day! And as I'm a driving instructor with pupils constantly getting to full lock on their lessons, I'm beginning to get a bit annoyed with this sound.

·
Registered
2 Posts
my 54 mini one has a noisey pwersteering not smae sound but its there all while steering and sometimes when stationery and no one at wheel.. garage say its normal !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts