MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I recently changed my headunit and when I did, I searched high and low, but could not find any diagrams that lined up with what I could see in my car.

Here is what I found:

This diagram comes closest to what I see:
<pinout.png>

so on my car, this connector comes from the loom behind the stereo, the A and B banks have no wires connected, the four circular ones on the middle left have a double green wire coming out, and the main block bottom right has some key pins missing (from every thread I could find that describes them)

this is mine:
<2010_r56_mcs.jpg>

the red arrow points to where everywhere says is ACC/Ignition power. Going by the numbers in the first picture, it's 16 that's missing, and I connected to the black cable thats in position 13 (back right in the second picture). This works, but Im not sure it's ACC, I think I have given the TV box and ANT PWR direct 5v somehow.

What are the green cables? I am hoping they are the steering wheel controls, but they seem to head off lft behind the dash, to where the glove box is.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, did you find what the green cables are for? I have the same concern.

-----------------------
I recently changed my headunit and when I did, I searched high and low, but could not find any diagrams that lined up with what I could see in my car.

Here is what I found:

This diagram comes closest to what I see:
<pinout.png>

so on my car, this connector comes from the loom behind the stereo, the A and B banks have no wires connected, the four circular ones on the middle left have a double green wire coming out, and the main block bottom right has some key pins missing (from every thread I could find that describes them)

this is mine:
<2010_r56_mcs.jpg>

the red arrow points to where everywhere says is ACC/Ignition power. Going by the numbers in the first picture, it's 16 that's missing, and I connected to the black cable thats in position 13 (back right in the second picture). This works, but Im not sure it's ACC, I think I have given the TV box and ANT PWR direct 5v somehow.

What are the green cables? I am hoping they are the steering wheel controls, but they seem to head off lft behind the dash, to where the glove box is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts