MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 557 Posts

·
MINI2 Master Baiter
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've always wanted a sticky thread, now I have one.

Here's the rules:

Fish will be tolerated, but will be monitored.

First topic of discussion will be hot dogs, and the best places in MA to get them.

Disparaging remarks about any and all are welcome if they are presented in an eloquent manner.

So far that's it.....but expect changes.

·
gadgetmeister
6,220 Posts
There were free hot dogs available from the grill at PGDive this afternoon... shame none of you were there to enjoy them..! :)
Wasn't someone just complaining about how many sticky threads there were at the top of our regional forum... now there another :D

·
MINI2 Master Baiter
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Next week......

Next week I'll be up in the lower Maine area, Flo's will be close by. This is the year I figure out the secret sauce.

Mmmmmmmm........nitrates!

Has anyone eaten at the BBQ place near Amherst MA? I just found out about it.

·
1st MINI Owner in QLD !!!
2,467 Posts
Hot dogs over here are crap*

give me Fish sticks any day

* except from out the front of Bunnings harware @ Underwood Brisbane Qld :)

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
Best hot dogs in Boston? Easy. Find your quickest route to Logan. Board any plane to Chicago. Once in O'Hare, no need to leave the airport, just look for a Vienna hot dog sign in the terminal. Eat several hot dogs, covered in all the fixins. For a side, get a dublacheezeburger cheezeburger, cheeps, and a coke at Billy Goats, also with a convienent location in the Terminal. You may then board the plane back to Boston, and return to logan. You will thank youself after experiencing what a true hot dog really is.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Flo's in Cape Neddick, ME are great!

The best chili dog I have eaten are at The Windmill in Stratford, CT. This is a neighborhood watering hole that has been in business since the thirties. My parents used to take my brother and I there. Mom and Dad would drinks pitchers of beer and dance to te polka band while my brother and I begged pickled eggs and Slim Jims from the drunks at the bar. I was there a couple months ago. Some of the same drunks are still sitting in the same stools as they were forty years ago.

·
MINI2 somebody
911 Posts
bakerjc said:
First topic of discussion will be hot dogs, and the best places in MA to get them.
...is this in response to all the doughnut shops you have in and around Boston?
I had a good laugh reading the front page article in today's WSJ: "Boston's Big Dig Isn't the Only Hole That's Famous Here: Area Has One Doughnut Store For Every 5,750 Residents; Mr. Shannon Has a Cream" :D

Maybe Sen. Shannon should have a wiener next.

·
puckstopper
4,260 Posts
I can't really eat hot dogs anywhere but at a ballgame. Don't know why, it just doesn't seem right. Whenever I'm at a summer BBQ, and someone offers up the usually assortment of char-grilled animal, invariably I disregard the hot dog. Only at the ballpark. Some kind of deeply ingrained Pavlovian conditioning thing, maybe...

-Ricardo

·
Retired and relaxed
5,371 Posts
Bob's hot dogs just north of Worcester on Rt. 12 at Wachusett Reservoir. It's the white truck that's always parked there. The dogs aren't the best but the ambiance and scenery is perfect.
McEarl's dogs in Dennisport on Lower County Road. They are deep fried. Not bad at all.
When you are done with MA I have some good weiner places in Woonsocket, RI.

·
Expect Anything Else?
270 Posts
In Maine you are right...FLO's on Rt 1 in Cape Neddick, once completed you still won't find their secret sauce. I even tried to buy some...forget it. When are you coming this way, maybe a mini meet at FLO's, then head up Mt Agamenticus a few miles away.

In Rhode Island always have to visit the Red Hot Weiny Diner place in Cranston

·
MINI2 Master Baiter
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MudBud said:
In Maine you are right...FLO's on Rt 1 in Cape Neddick, once completed you still won't find their secret sauce. I even tried to buy some...forget it. When are you coming this way, maybe a mini meet at FLO's, then head up Mt Agamenticus a few miles away.
We've got a Saturday to Saturday stay near Long Sands this coming week, just a few days away.

As for their secret sauce, I've got a secret weapon. I work with scientists. With wicked cool microscopes. And radioactive stuff, not that that has anything to do with anything. And those things that go around at wicked high speed. And oh yeah, pulling the OT&B thread over here, they all use Macs.

Name a time for Flo's, I'll be there.

·
Expect Anything Else?
270 Posts
I will let you know closer to the weekend...my daughter has b-ball games during this weekend, so need to wait for the schedule. I am only 7 minutes from Long Sands

1 - 20 of 557 Posts
About this Discussion
556 Replies
41 Participants
m2smith
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing