MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience of replacing seat airbags after deployment and stitching up the leather? If you can provide your own airbag, how much do you think it would cost to get a decent job done?
There's a rather bargain full leather interior going on ebay at the moment and if it's not the end of the world to take the airbag out of your existing seat then it could be a steal.
Maybe this'll start a bidding war?!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4511117495&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
What a topical question. Just went to see my car :( at the repair centre, was thnking about the leather interior and the deployed drivers airbag....

Fitting the airbag would be a job for a qualified technician only I should imagine, and repairing the stitching a job for an upholsterer? Or you mum/granny... ;)

·
Slippery When Wet
2,556 Posts
I'm pretty sure a deployed airbag is considered an immediate $1500 cost when calculating the poteintal for repair.. at least that was the case with my totaled MINI. The two deployed were a large part of the entire car being declared a 'total loss'. Seems like to expensive/sophisiticated of a job to be done by a random person.

·
Slippery When Wet
2,556 Posts
JCW seats don't have side airbags, correct? I suppose if they can go without, other seats can as well. Personally, after being saved by an airbag, I would never intentionally not have them... but I guess its not a mandatory safety feature.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.