MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Turbo Schmurbo...
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following my recent flywheel and clutch change Chris @1320 noticed an increase in chatter from what he believes could be a worn crankshaft damper. We know the flywheel does increase noise as it's solid apposed to dual mass but the noise was there before just not as noticeable. I mentioned it to BMW a while ago when it was in for a TLC coolant/brake fluid change and they said it sounded fine but to keep an eye (ear) on it.

I'm going to be looking into having this fixed late this month or August as I'm skint now, so at the moment I'm trying to keep mileage to a minimum.

Was just looking on realOEM and noticed theres only one revision of part 11237525135. I thought in the later cars this had been revised and lightened slightly....

Can anyone enlighten me on this? :confused:

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I know on this part that REAL -OEM does not show the revisions. When i checked with my parts man at BMW he said there were 4 revisions on that part showing on his system. he said REAL OEM does not always show all the parts revisions etc

·
Turbo Schmurbo...
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know on this part that REAL -OEM does not show the revisions. When i checked with my parts man at BMW he said there were 4 revisions on that part showing on his system. he said REAL OEM does not always show all the parts revisions etc
Thanks Ant, I was pretty sure there was more than one revision. Any ideas on the part number of the later ones or is it just the same but with the revisions flagged on BMW's system?

I've kinda accepted that the flywheel does add to some of the chatter but it does sound a bit like a bag of spanners at times lol. Be interesting to hear Bhozars car... do you get noise from the clutch/flywheel when you lift off from any hard acceleration? (as an example making a 30-60 sprint in second from one bend to the next or d.de-clutching into 1st)

·
Overly excited!!
1,364 Posts
I've kinda accepted that the flywheel does add to some of the chatter but it does sound a bit like a bag of spanners at times lol. Be interesting to hear Bhozars car... do you get noise from the clutch/flywheel when you lift off from any hard acceleration? (as an example making a 30-60 sprint in second from one bend to the next or d.de-clutching into 1st)
Cant really hear over the exhaust, but if I am not with my foot on the clutch or in gear the flywheel does rattle a lot. I'll see if I get rattle when in gear and lifting off after hard accelernation. I have a new stock crank pulley on the car at the moment.

·
Turbo Schmurbo...
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cant really hear over the exhaust, but if I am not with my foot on the clutch or in gear the flywheel does rattle a lot. I'll see if I get rattle when in gear and lifting off after hard accelernation. I have a new stock crank pulley on the car at the moment.
Judging by the vid of the track day I can see why :D ! Sounded a bit like mine tbh :D

I get that too, I've always avoided sitting with the clutch down but the slight rattle makes me want to do it. Cheers Bhozar, be interesting to see if you get this too. I think its a trait of the solid flywheel with it, its difficult to explain make not too much of a rattle but similar to the sound of dog toothed gears...

same part number ,

i hope mines not noisey when it goes on.
Cheers Ant. What did you go for?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts