MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres a bunch of questions i would like to know about the sound system that comes with the MCS :)
1) is it just the HK upgrade that has mp3 capabilities or does the regualr read mp3 aswell?
2) can the regular or HK deck sperate mp3 formated CD's into sections (allowing you to sperate the large #'s of songs in the CD into sub groups (seperate folders)) like some aftermarket decks allow you to?
3) what is the spec (power) of the regular deck compared to the HK deck
4) what other differences does the HK upgrade have compared to the regular one, and do you think its worth it spending the $ on the HK upgrade rather than spending the $ on an aftermarket system?

i know this is alot of questions and thanx for answering them and helping me out :D

·
Premium Member
7,989 Posts
1. The "Boost" head unit apparently plays MP3s on '05 models. Don't know about the lower spec "Wave" unit (which is not available in USA and perhaps not in Canada either).
The HK upgrade is on top of the Boost, so either with or without HK, an '05 MINI should play MP3 CDs.

2. Not known yet.

3. Search. Non HK is probably a "normal" HU level like 4x15; HK is supposedly something like 230 total

4. HK has sound manipulations designed to match the interior of the MINI. The HK is better than stock but should not be as good as spending money on aftermarket systems ... depends how much hassle you want, and how good a stereo installer you can find :(

·
Look Ma I'm flying!!
184 Posts
2) you can write the MP3s into different folders but the Head Unit does not support ID info so they are displayed as Folder numbers anf Track numbers only.

Cheers, Peter

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mjg315q said:
2) you can write the MP3s into different folders but the Head Unit does not support ID info so they are displayed as Folder numbers anf Track numbers only.

Cheers, Peter
so you can actually select folder and open it on the head unit and select songs inside the folder?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Boost Addict
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing