MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
MINI Mad
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gutted :( Some *******s broke into my house during the early hours of Tuesday morning, took the keys to my MINI and drove off with it.

What a horrible feeling it was to find it missing when I got up for work. I don't expect to see it again reckon it's got a new ID already and some poor mug will be driving round in it soon.

Nothing has changed on the car since the photos except for the www.MINI2.com sticker at the top of the rear window but if they are smart they will have removed that.

It did have a distuinguishing JC signature on one of the roof stripes though (see photos) also there is a very small scuff on the front passenger side alloy on the edge of the rim. Also the underside on the plastic black front valance is scuffed where I caught it on a kerb.

Reg LA04 FTT

CHANGES - They have probably removed the vinyl stripes and put some different vinyls on or just left it completely white because it changes the look of the car so much when the vinyls are different. So if any PW Mini's appear in your area just check the wheel for a scuff mark and check the VIN number which I'll post on here soon.

·
MINI Mad
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
More detail

I'd rather they took the car than they come up stairs looking for the keys while I'm asleep!

Nothing has changed on the car since the photos except for the www.MINI2.com sticker at the top of the rear window but if they are smart they will have removed that.

It did have a distuinguishing JC signature on one of the roof stripes though (see photos) also there is a very small scuff on the front passenger side alloy on the edge of the rim. Also the underside on the plastic black front valance is scuffed where I caught it on a kerb.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Horrible experience - hope you get her back mate.

This business of breaking into houses and stealing car keys is getting really common. I was in Tescos the other day and they are selling small electronic safes, similar to the ones you get in hotel rooms, for under £40. You just bolt them to the wall/floor. I've been thinking of buying one to lock my car keys in at night.

The other option is to get a Tracker - the basic Retrieve one is £199 plus fitting and then £109 a year fees.

·
Now answering to Lady J!
10,271 Posts
So sorry to hear this.

It seems this type of crime is becoming more common. I suppose that given the alarms/immobilisers fitted to cars these days the only choice is to take the kesy if you want the car. It really scares me and even though I live in a flat I always keep my jeys in my bedroom at night, but like you said I would really rather they weren't in my bedroom looking for my keys!

Hope you get hear something soon but like you say, plates have probably been changed and the car is elsewhere in the country, Sounds like it could have been stolen to order.

·
total MINI . com
34,893 Posts
Bar Stewards :mad:

I'm moving this to Genetral Forum so it gets more exposure and hopefully someone will spot it, it's a vrey distinctive looking car. Can you update your first post with some more details maybe, consolidate the info that has appeared in the thread - and add you car regisration number might help too.

Really feeling for you, at least they only took your keys and didn't cause any personal injury.

·
MINI Mad
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks

Thanks for all the comments/help everyone. I've updated the first post with more details. Not sure how to put the piccys in the actual post though but they are in the thread anyway.

Cheers

Dave

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.