MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

Just ordered a JCW so thought I'd join up...in red with black roof/mirrors:red:, Chili pack, TLC, Mini Seal & Protect. Couldn't afford any other extra's! with much hard work only managed a £300 discount on the whole package - came out at about £22550.

What I thought was worth sharing is just how affordable this car is on a PCP deal...

£4500 down, 10K miles/year, £255pcm with a GFV of approx £13870.
2 yrs was only approx £225 with a GFV of ~ £16360

Originally I was looking at an ST, Type R or Cooper S (Chili, aero & a few other bits = £19500). Because the residuals are so high on the JCW, the payments were pretty much the same as the S. Monthly payments on the Ford & Honda were lower, but once you took into account running costs they were no cheaper (even with a £2500 discount on the ST!)...so it was a no brainer in the end. Most dealers expect approx £1000-£2000 equity in the cars at the end of the PCP, so you're not even better off with the cheaper cars at the end of the term because of their depreciation.

Thought it was worth sharing this because although the press love the JCW some question the price...but via a PCP at least the Mini is no more expensive than its competitors (and cheaper than a Golf GTi for example).

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious!

I'm away for a while now, but will be back on line in a week or so if anyone wants more info.

Stephen:smile:

·
You've just been totalled
6,860 Posts
Congratulations on your new MINI :D:D:D

It will be cheaper on PCP because of the residual values - But if you wish to buy the car at the end of the agreement, it becomes more expensive!! Personally I'd hand the car back, use the GMFV as a deposit for another one and get nice low montly payments :p

Still not what you would call affordable - If it was, I'd have one :hmph::p

·
PowerSteeringPumpActivist
8,410 Posts
Still not what you would call affordable - If it was, I'd have one :hmph::p
The threshold for 'affordable' is different for different people. Those who have started their careers and are earning salaries might find it affordable... whilst someone who has yet to complete their A-levels would not. ;) :p

All the best,
Andrew.​

·
Registered
31 Posts
£4500 down, 10K miles/year, £255pcm with a GFV of approx £13870.
2 yrs was only approx £225 with a GFV of ~ £16360
Read this and went to order one. The dealer said there was no way that he could get to these prices. The closest they could get was £4500 down and 280 Per Month for 24 months. Where did you order yours.

·
You've just been totalled
6,860 Posts
The threshold for 'affordable' is different for different people. Those who have started their careers and are earning salaries might find it affordable... whilst someone who has yet to complete their A-levels would not. ;) :p

All the best,
Andrew.​
Very true Andrew ;)

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Although a long way off over brands 0% deals. One i looked at at the weekend was the NEw Punto Abarth which has a 5yr Warranty and 0% finance with 25% deposit. Absoloutley amazing deal.

·
settling in nicely
246 Posts
how long is the wait ??
in regards to 36 month example your figures give 5k interest is that right ??
The select quote i had for 17k was 4k upfront, 36 x 250 and then £9000 MGFV/final payment so if i'd wanted to keep it the interest was 5k (total amount paid 22k). so tha sounds about right. i didn't take it and borrowed the balance on a lower APR instead from the AA

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Again,

Thanks for the comments...and sorry with the 'affordable' bit - just wanted to share that via a PCP at least, monthly payments weren't completely out of reach (depending on personal circumstances).

Hettonmassive - I'll try and e-mail you, but try Williams Manchester or Blue-Bell Wilmslow

Yep, interest is high (approx) 10% APR was the best I could get via a mini dealer, but I couldn't afford to straight finance £18K

I was quoted early September delivery - but I need to confirm now that the order has gone in.

Cheers,

Stephen

·
Mini Design Philosopher
1,028 Posts
A dealer won't match the APR rate of a bank loan, but financing through a dealer does guarantee you a buy back price at the end of the term. With a high cost premium small car, in 2 to 3 years time this may be no bad thing - if the economy slows it could be difficult to shift privately. :eek:

·
Registered
565 Posts
i manage 12.5 apr

24k car 6k dep 13.5k gmfv about 280 a month

thats 36months 8k miles

at my bank 18k over 5 years is 410 a month 13.6 apr

so you can see which is the more affordable

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ordered

Car Price £23,500. Depost of £4500 and 24 months at £222 Per Month and I dont care about GMFV as the chances are that its going back, Red, Chilli and Leather, Cant wait.:D

·
Registered
31 Posts
excellent good deal there what was the apr ??
Don't know APR and don't care, Just excited about 2 years of not caring about been stuck with a car that would be hard to shift unless I lost even more money. Worst scenario is it just goes back to the dealer. Should have it from sept 8th week.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts