MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Works for me but think the owners handbook needs to be update with events / circumstances that stop/start will not work

eg parking. door open, seatbelt off or simply knackered!

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
Works for me but think the owners handbook needs to be update with events / circumstances that stop/start will not work

eg parking. door open, seatbelt off or simply knackered!
I thought that those were in the handbook :puzzled: Apart from the simply knackered option of course :p The one I piece of text I needed :hmph: :p

·
Registered
889 Posts
You are probably right - I just dont remember - And i did take the handbook to bed when i got the car. Sad i know!

·
Mini Design Philosopher
1,028 Posts
I've put nearly 20,000 miles on mine this year, and the start/stop feature has been brilliant. It has been reliable, fast, and effective. I know a couple on here have reported problems but I can only assume this has been a manufacturing problem, not a design problem. It should be fitted to all cars! :D:D:D

·
Registered
422 Posts
At the right light junctions like when you have three roads converging each with there individual lights its great. I few of the lights are just a case of 20-30 secs and your off again in which case I keep the clutch down but on a fair few I use the Stop-Start….Especially with pedestrian crossings added into the mix at most lights.

More to the point is that you’re better driving down hill in gear as it stops all fuel. Let the car just drive without pressure on the accelerator and fuel is cut off as it says in the book.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have 4K on my MINI one, it is 7 months old. It has been back to the dealership three times already due to problems with the start stop technology. They laughed at me, and presumed I was doing something wrong. The even wanted to watch me drive it!! Things were ok untill Thursday last when the engine lost power. It is now back at the dealership being looked over by BMW Ireland as MINI were 'stumped' as to what was wrong.
The system has been nothing but trouble, I have zero faith left in the car.

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
I have 4K on my MINI one, it is 7 months old. It has been back to the dealership three times already due to problems with the start stop technology. They laughed at me, and presumed I was doing something wrong. The even wanted to watch me drive it!! Things were ok untill Thursday last when the engine lost power. It is now back at the dealership being looked over by BMW Ireland as MINI were 'stumped' as to what was wrong.
The system has been nothing but trouble, I have zero faith left in the car.
I know how you feel!! Been there done that got the T-shirt :( I ended up getting rid of my 3 month old CooperD because of the problems I had with stop/start.....my new S has been totally fine with it *touch wood*

Have you got Customer Services involved?? That helps to give the dealer a kick up the backside and it would appear more is then done to try and find the problem, rather than just 'it must be you, heres your car keys' kinda thing. At the time when mine had problems they said to me that it wouldnt be allowed back on road until they were happy there was nothing wrong with it.

Hope you get it sorted :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just on to them now. They are looking into it for me. I made a complaint about the level of service I received on Thursday night, left on the road side for 2 and a half hours, having to ask to tow guys boss could the driver drop me home after he said no and to add insult to injury I had to get a taxi to the car hire place at 2am to pick up and Astra myself!!!!!!!!!! Rage!
I have told them I am very close to asking for a new MINI altogether and I have no problem getting the National Consumer agency involved.
Thanks for the advice :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts